At EdTech Impact we are committed to ensuring that your privacy and data are protected. Please check this page regularly to keep up-to-date with with any policy changes.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide to us
- You may provide us with information in several ways, including by filling in forms on our websites or by corresponding with us by phone, email and on social media. This includes information you provide when you register to join our community, enquire about our services or sign up to.
- The personal information that you provide may include your name, address, email address, phone number and other specific information that may be required for a particular service.
Information we collect about you
- When you use our website, we automatically collect anonymous information about your visit and how you use our services.
- We may collect information about you which we have received from publicly-available sources.
How we use your information
Depending on how you interact with us, we use your personal information to:
- Provide our services as agreed in a contract with you.
- Deliver our weekly community update to you.
- Keep you up to date with the services we offer.
- Fulfil your requests by email or phone.
- Market & advertise our events & services.
- Improve our services that we offer.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
Legal basis for processing
Our legal basis for processing your data will be either:
- Contract. We process your personal data to fulfil a contract to which you are a part of with us.
- Legitimate interest. Where it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal data in order for us to promote, grow or improve our services. Where your data is processed on this basis, we do not consider our legitimate interests to be overridden by the impact on your privacy as well as your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Legal obligation. We need to process your personal information in order to fulfil a legal obligation.
Storage of your information
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. Any data we hold on you, will be deleted after 5 years of inactivity or if you have specifically requested for your information to be erased.
Customer details that are uploaded or transmitted to us for the purpose of sending review invitations will be retained for 6 months to prevent sending duplicate emails. They will then be erased from our database.
Sharing of your information
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To fulfill any contact requests you make on the Site. When you request additional information on a certain third-party service or product listed on our Site, we will use the information you provide to connect you with the provider of that service or product.
- To engage in research and analysis related to the Site. We store and use information to identify and fix errors, understand how visitors use our Site, research and test different features, and analyze how visitors arrive at and use our Site.
- To personalise your experience. We store and use information provided by you, such as the software products and services you use or have used, or are researching on the Site, to personalise and make recommendations to you based on your provided information.
- To improve and understand usage of the Site. We store and use information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, pages viewed, and the date, time and duration of your visits, to understand and improve usage of the Site.
- To provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Site. We store and use information about you or provided by you in anonymized, aggregated format to assist our business partners in understanding their potential customers or current users.
- To enhance the security of the Site. We store and use information to ensure the security of our Site. For example, we use the information collected by certain cookies to determine if you are logged in and to detect unauthorized access to your account.
- To comply with legal obligations. We use and share your information as necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; we also may use and share your information to establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may use and share your personal information when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of EdTech Impact, our Site visitors and registered users, our licensees, and others.
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- By agreeing to the banner present on the website, you confirm that you are happy for cookies to be used.
- We employ security measures to prevent: unauthorised access to your data, unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- Your personal data is stored either on our secure server or in our secure manual record-keeping system.
Under GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to the data we may hold:
- You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your data which is outlined in this policy.
- You have the right to access the personal data that we hold on you.
- You have the right to rectification of the personal data we hold on you, or to complete any information that is incomplete or inaccurate.
- You have the right to have your personal data erased.
- You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data to limit how we use your data under certain circumstances.
- You have the right to data portability allowing you to obtain and reuse your personal data across different services.
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal data in certain circumstances.
- You have the right for us to not make solely automated decisions, including profiling, that has a significant impact on you.
You can exercise any of your rights above by making a Subject Access Request, please put this in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in line with data protection law.
Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites and content. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Transferring of your information outside the European Union (EU):
Some of our data processing service providers are based in the United States. Data protection laws may not be equivalent in countries outside the UK and EU. When we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we are assured that they are compliant with the EU-US Privacy Shield so that we know your data is adequately secure.
Data Protection Officers
EdTech Impact operates as both a Data Controller and a Data Processor.
Our data protection officers are:
Michael Forshaw, email@example.com, EdTech Impact, Pioneer House, Pioneer Business Park, North Rd, Cheshire ,CH65 1AD