What is Scholastic Literacy Pro?
Assess, motivate and measure reading progress. Scholastic Literacy Pro (formerly known as Scholastic Reading Pro) combines assessment and reading motivation to raise reading standards at pupil, class and whole school level.
Bringing together carefully levelled children’s books with a computer-adaptive test to measure a child’s reading level, Scholastic Literacy Pro engages young readers with personalised book recommendations and thousands of quizzes to monitor and assess independent reading.
Using the Lexile® framework to measure both readers and texts on the same scale, Scholastic Literacy Pro is uniquely able to recommend the right book for the right pupil at the right time.
For teachers we recommend accessing Reading Pro every two weeks for aproximately 15-minutes to review students' progress and help inform teaching.
For students we recommend accessing Reading Pro three to four times per year to take a reading (Lexile) test and then each time they complete a book to take a book quiz.
|Company||Business Name: Scholastic Ltd|
HQ Location: United Kingdom
|Age Range||5-7, 8-10, 11-13, 14-16|
|Features||Reading AssessmentComputer-adaptive AssessmentPersonalized Reading ListsBook QuizzesWhole School ReportsYear Level ReportsClass ReportsIndividual Student ReportsMeasure Reading ProgressReading CertificatesStudent FeedbackCustomize SettingsMonitor Student Progress And Personalise InstructionAt-a-glance View Of Key Performance Metrics|
|Requirements||Internet - Low BandwidthInternet - High BandwidthDesktop - MacDesktop - WindowsDesktop - ChromebookDesktop - LinuxMobile - iPhoneMobile - iPadMobile - WindowsMobile - Android|
Schools are provided with their own unique website where they can upload student and teacher data to create individual accounts.
|Support||EmailFAQs/ForumKnowledge BasePhone Support|
Scholastic Reading Pro changes its name to Scholastic Literacy Pro in the Autumn term of 2023.
The training website is in the process of being updated - https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/Reading-Pro-Training
|Home Learning||Parent Access|
School must create the account.
Parents and carers are able to access the Parent Zone to see their child's reading record, see their recommended reading list and reading progress via their child's login.
|Tags||readingreading for pleasureassessmentreading motivationmeasure reading progressreading comprehension|
Scholastic Literacy Pro Pricing
Scholastic Literacy Pro pricing starts from £5.53 / per-user
Prices quoted exclude VAT and all users (i.e. both staff and students) will require a licence to access the programme.
* 1-year subscription £6.50 per licence
* 2-year subscription £11.70 per licence (10% discount)
* 3-year subscription £16.58 per licence (15% discount)
Discounts are included on 2- and 3-year long subscriptions (Please note that the total subscription cost is invoiced in full at the start of the subscription)
Compare Scholastic Literacy Pro with...
Scholastic Literacy Pro Reviews
from 7 Verified Reviews
Head of English
Used Scholastic Reading Pro daily for 4-6 months
I have already recommended the tool to many colleagues in other schools.
Alice Fisher found Scholastic Reading Pro:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Reading Pro allows us to make informed recommendations for children in terms of selecting texts from the library; it measures their progress in a way which is easily monitored without any teacher marking.”
- Significantly provides school data“We have been able to better assess the reading levels of our pupils and to keep track of how their reading for pleasure impacts their overall achievement levels.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Teachers understand their pupils attainment better and can tailor text selection accordingly.”
- Moderately improves attainment“Whilst we have only begun to use the program this academic year, we have noticed it has motivated some of the more reluctant readers to read independently already.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“The books which are recommended are diverse and feature non-fiction as well as fiction titles.”
Used Scholastic Reading Pro weekly for 5 years+
we would like more books at lower lexiles for ks2
Suzette found Scholastic Reading Pro:
- Slightly reduces teacher workload
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“a great tool which helps us assess our children”
- Slightly improves attainment“it helps us track attainment”
Used Scholastic Reading Pro daily for 5 years+
generally good but wish there were more books on the list for secondary pupils and better integration with library software
Katie Hill found Scholastic Reading Pro:
- Does not reduce teacher workload“We want teachers to get more involved with children's reading and Reading Pro helps them to do so”
- Slightly improves teaching efficiency
- Moderately improves attainment“low level readers get more motivated when they see success”
Used Scholastic Reading Pro daily for 3-4 years
Would be more effective if more books were in the scheme
Jill keeling found Scholastic Reading Pro:
- Does not reduce teacher workload“Takes up a lot of time encouraging and mentoring students”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Helps to monitor progress”
- Moderately improves attainment“Helps with monitoring and encouragement”
Used Scholastic Reading Pro daily for 1-2 years
Children love taking the quizzes Children read more Reading for pleasure throughout the school has improved.
Robert Briggs found Scholastic Reading Pro:
- Slightly reduces teacher workload“Monitoring children's reading habits Assign the quizzes Finding books for low lexile pupils”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“More aware of reading habits Know their children as readers better Improved children's fluency Better understanding of children's literature”
- Significantly improves attainment“Fluency has improved Comprehension test scores have improved”
Senior Deputy Head
Used Scholastic Reading Pro weekly for 1-2 years
Jo Leighton found Scholastic Reading Pro:
- Does not reduce teacher workload“It's time consuming to set up the pupils. The output is good, but admin isn't great.”
- Does not improve teaching efficiency
- Significantly improves attainment“Children now read books at the right level, so they make better progress.”
Head of English
Used Scholastic Reading Pro weekly for 1-2 years
SRP is a fantastic way to track comprehension
Jane found Scholastic Reading Pro:
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“Testing pupils' comprehension with reductions in marking and assessment”
- Does not improve teaching efficiency“N/A”
- Does not significantly improve attainment“N/A”