What is 60 Second Histories ?
|Age Range||8-10, 11-13, 14-16|
Internet access is required together with the ability to play Vimeo video on the school's network
60 Second Histories isn't a difficult site to navigate, but an online tour is available for users as well as video walkthroughs.
60 Second Histories Pricing
Compare 60 Second Histories with...
60 Second Histories Reviews
from 4 Verified Reviews
Head of EBACC
Used 60 Second Histories for 3 years
I love the format, the online classrooms where I can set specific videos for classes. The support from Julie and Kevin and the resources give it the extra dimension. They are always happy to help.
Carol Stobbs found 60 Second Histories:
- Moderately builds student knowledge“The videos are short and to the point. The summary at the end is very useful.”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency and productivity“These videos both set the scene for a lesson, summarise key information and can be used for remote learning.”
- Slightly saves school money
Director of Humanities
Used 60 Second Histories for About 15 years
A brilliant service - both informative and dramatic. An excellent complement to any history teaching
Nigel Siddall found 60 Second Histories:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“It always gives them a depth and a detail - and something they can picture and understand”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“It allows teachers a chance to make the teaching 3 dimensional and adds variety to the lesson”
- Significantly saves school money“It saves buying masses of resources”
Head of History
Used 60 Second Histories for 2 years
I find the range of characters to be vast, and I can always find an example for what I am teaching about. My students respond well to Kevin’s style of delivery. It provides a genuine spark.
Lyndon McErlaine found 60 Second Histories:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Students find it easier to recall events as this gives them a hook. Also, this method is often a useful way to launch a topic.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“The range of Kevin’s characters is so vast, I believe that most areas are covered. The library saves time for me to search for something.”
- Moderately saves school money“Time is one. The amount of time saved is invaluable. Also, we purchase fewer expensive textbooks.”
Used 60 Second Histories for 9 months
It's just a really great, easy to use site. My son loves the clips and quizzes and it helps save me time planning our topics.
Eddie Jenkins found 60 Second Histories:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“My son loves the simple format and because every film clip is packed with key information it really focuses his attention. The keywords and 60-second summary are a great feature of each film, and the quizzes enable him to test himself. So far we've completed the Egyptians and Ancient Greece topics and although the support notes are designed particularly for teachers, I have found them useful.”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency and productivity“It's really saved me time having all these films in one place without having to trawl through YouTube. I know that they're safe, reliable and linked to the curriculum. The support notes have saved me time too, as they give ideas on how I can include them in our lessons. There's a virtual classroom feature as well, which means that I can select a couple of films on the topic we're doing and my son can log and watch them whenever he wants.”
- Slightly saves school money“The subscription isn't expensive and really good value for money considering the time and effort it saves. We'll definitely be signing up for another year.”