What is Learning Ladders?
Learning Ladders is the assessment tracking platform built by teachers for teachers. Get straight to the data you need, when you need it. Easily prepare for inspections, and update parents and other key stakeholders automatically in one connected platform.
In the old days schools would have had a tracking system, online learning journal, parents communications platform and probably used Excel and Word pretty extensively on top of that. Now everything is in one place, with data only being entered once then working hard for you.
Any curriculum framework. Any subjects. Any language.
The best way to experience how much better Learning Ladders is than other platforms is via a free demo. Click the button above to schedule yours today. You can also visit our website to see product demonstrations on demand via pre-recorded videos.
|Company||Business Name: Learning Ladders Education|
HQ Location: United Kingdom
|Age Range||0-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-13|
|Features||Early YearsEnd Of Term/year ReportsHomework SharingParental EngagementInstant MessagingAssessmentsBespoke CurriculumTrackingGl AssessmentsAssessmentAssessment Tracking|
|Languages||Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish|
|Requirements||Internet - Low BandwidthInternet - High BandwidthDesktop - MacDesktop - WindowsDesktop - ChromebookMobile - iPhoneMobile - iPad|
We pride ourselves on our quick and effective Customer Support. Your site can be created within 24 hours, fully customised to your own assessment frameworks, policies and langues. We'll arrange training online - we do one session before you start and another at the end of your first term as standard, with unlimited customer support for all staff from the moment you join.
|Training||In PersonLive OnlineWebinarsDocumentationVideos|
We'll arrange training online - we do one session before you start and another at the end of your first term as standard, with unlimited customer support for all staff from the moment you join. We also run a program of free online CPD for all users, as part of membership.
|Support||EmailFAQs/ForumKnowledge BasePhone Support|
|Home Learning||Parent Access|
School must create the account.
|Tags||Parental engagementtrackingassessmentcurriculum managementStudent Engagementparent communicationsGL Assessmentsteaching & LearningHomeworkRemote learning|
Learning Ladders Pricing
Free TrialPaid Subscription
Learning Ladders pricing starts from £0.65 / per-pupil
We have a modular system and our pricing reflects that. Please contact us for a quote.
Compare Learning Ladders with...
Learning Ladders Reviews
from 36 Verified Reviews
Primary Assessment Coordinator
Used Learning Ladders daily for 1-2 years
Learning Ladders has been an invaluable tool for our school. With its comprehensive data tracking and analysis features, Learning Ladders has revolutionised our approach to identifying and addressing gaps in learning. The platform's user-friendly interface allows us to effortlessly monitor student progress, identify areas of improvement, and tailor our teaching strategies accordingly. The detailed reports and visualisations provided by Learning Ladders have empowered our educators to make data-driven decisions, resulting in improved student outcomes.
Sara Kronfli found Learning Ladders:
- Moderately saves school money“Our school now only needs one platform for assessment and data tracking”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“Generating reports to identify any gaps”
- Significantly provides school data“generating reports to look at data and analysing any gaps in learning as well as progress”
- Significantly improves parent engagement“parents can see their child's progress through Ladders at Home”
- Significantly improves attainment“looking at reports and data from formative assessments and rungs”
Used Learning Ladders occasionally for 5 years+
It is really helpful to track pupil progress.
Abi Brydon found Learning Ladders:
- Slightly saves school money“It is an efficient method to track our assessments.”
- Moderately reduces attainment gap“It is helpful to be able to clearly identify gaps for individuals, groups or cohorts so this can be plugged effectively and therefore improve pupil attainment. It is particularly useful for pupils who are significantly behind age related to track their progress and targets.”
- Significantly provides school data“It supports our teacher judgements and feeds into how we present our whole school data narrative.”
- Does not improve parent engagement“N/A we don't use the parent aspect”
- Moderately improves attainment“As before, it helps identify gaps to be plugged.”
Used Learning Ladders daily for 4-6 months
I have already shared our experience so far with 2 other schools in our network. I appreciate the speedy responses to my questions and the very personable, patient and friendly Learning Ladders team members I have dealt with
Colleen found Learning Ladders:
- Does not significantly save school money“More efficient with admin time”
- Slightly reduces attainment gap“this is not clear yet as we have only just started”
- Moderately provides school data“this is also in development but we are excited to be able to track progress, focus on specific objectives and add GL data to the dashboard”
- Slightly improves parent engagement“not yet as we have not yet launched Ladders at Home or shared our first report. We are looking forward to seeing what the impact will be, we are hoping positive, especially with the translate option”
- Slightly improves attainment“this hasn't been explored yet, by the end of term 1/2 for the next academic year we hope to have some good data”
Head of Primary
Used Learning Ladders weekly for 4-6 months
Jamel Badaoui found Learning Ladders:
- Does not significantly save school money
- Slightly reduces attainment gap
- Moderately provides school data
- Does not significantly improve parent engagement
- Slightly improves attainment
Joy Lyn Nonato
Used Learning Ladders weekly for 5 years+
Learning ladders is easy to understand and use. It is helpful for me as a teacher and grade leader because I am able to see the data of my own class as well as the data of the whole grade. It provides us information about the gaps in learning and we are able to plan and support children in their learning.
Joy Lyn Nonato found Learning Ladders:
- Significantly saves school money“School uses 1 platform which is learning ladders to collect and gather data about student performance and progress and also to improve teaching and learning.”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“We are able to see the gaps in students learning and specialize our own lessons.”
- Significantly provides school data“We are able to improve our lessons and meet the needs of each students.”
- Significantly improves parent engagement“Parents are able to see which areas their child needs to improve and they are able to support them at home.”
- Significantly improves attainment“Students able to improve their performance based on the rungs they are expected to achieve”
Venkata Suresh Lolla
Head of School
Used Learning Ladders monthly for 4-6 months
We are yet to fully utilize the software to measure the impact and improve teaching and learning. I feel that we are closer to doing this however with little more guidance and support we will be using the software completely.
Venkata Suresh Lolla found Learning Ladders:
- Moderately saves school money“Printing reports and portfolios have been reduced.”
- Slightly reduces attainment gap“We have just started using the software and yet to use to review and start bridging the gaps.”
- Moderately provides school data“I could see which year group needed more attention based on attainment data.”
- Slightly improves parent engagement“Couple of parents have appreciated the evidences shared on the learning ladders. They are happy to know the activities done on a weekly basis.”
- Moderately improves attainment“Some year groups whose attainment has been poor were asked to work on the same.”
Used Learning Ladders daily for 4-6 months
Since implementing Learning Ladders, we have seen a great buy-in from all staff. The platform is well-designed, intuitive, and provides a comprehensive range of educational resources. The program's personalized approach to learning, coupled with its user-friendly interface, makes it an ideal choice for teachers. Learning Ladders is an outstanding tool that enables students to learn, grow, and develop in a fun and engaging way.
William Barratt found Learning Ladders:
- Does not significantly save school money“N/A”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“Learning ladders provide a framework that breaks down complex skills and knowledge into smaller, more manageable steps, making it easier for teachers to identify areas where students need support and guidance. By setting clear goals and expectations, students are more likely to understand what they need to do to achieve success and are better equipped to monitor their own progress. Furthermore, learning ladders can also be used to differentiate instruction, ensuring that students receive the support and challenge they need to make progress. This is particularly important in addressing the attainment gap, as it enables teachers to provide targeted interventions to support students.”
- Significantly provides school data“By using Learning Ladders, schools can easily collect and analyse data on student performance, which can help them to identify areas where students need additional support and make data-driven decisions about instruction and curriculum. This data can also be used to monitor progress over time and evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning strategies.”
- Does not improve parent engagement“We do not use the parent engagement function yet.”
- Significantly improves attainment“We have seen a positive impact on attainment and has helped to improve student outcomes in reading, writing, and mathematics, and that it provided valuable information for teachers to use in their planning and assessment.”
Used Learning Ladders monthly for 5 years+
It is a wonderful tool, but it not always cover all the needs of schools in our territory.
Laura Dominguez found Learning Ladders:
- Slightly saves school money“I am not aware of school expenses”
- Slightly reduces attainment gap“Teachers would be best to answer this question”
- Moderately provides school data“It allows for comparison between TJ and the judgment produced through LL based on objectives assessments.”
- Slightly improves parent engagement“Not at the moment. This section is under utilised in our school.”
- Moderately improves attainment“The assessment based on objectives achieved gives teacher a more measurable way of judging their students' attainment and progress.”
Used Learning Ladders weekly for 7–12 months
Its a great tool to use for sharing learning with Parents.
Reema Sanjay found Learning Ladders:
- Slightly saves school money“Printing Cost of Hardcopy of Report Cards”
- Moderately reduces attainment gap“understanding how to use information in daily planning.”
- Moderately provides school data“Still learning to close the gaps on that for now.”
- Moderately improves parent engagement“some parents are sharing stories from home.”
- Moderately improves attainment
Deputy Head of Primary
Used Learning Ladders monthly for 3-4 years
We are struggling with making maximum impact out of the EYFS platform.
Andrea found Learning Ladders:
- Slightly saves school money“Helps to support teacher judgement and identify next steps in learning.”
- Moderately reduces attainment gap“Post covid supported teachers in monitoring levels of achievement and identifying gaps.”
- Significantly provides school data“Identify cohorts where additional support and intervention is required.”
- Moderately improves parent engagement“Parent workshops on school assessment procedures and Ladders at Home.”
- Moderately improves attainment“Through engaging parents with learning goals.”
Examination Officer & Data Executive
Used Learning Ladders daily for 3-4 years
Lina Yousef found Learning Ladders:
- Slightly saves school money“No”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap
- Significantly provides school data
- Does not significantly improve parent engagement“we not use it for parent”
- Significantly improves attainment
Used Learning Ladders weekly for 1-2 years
We are very delighted with Learning Ladders, our EYFS teachers are able to share evidence of a Child's work, by capturing that moment. The platform saves us time when creating reports and sharing them to parents. We are also able to capture data on how our learners are progressing.
Jenny Condron found Learning Ladders:
- Moderately saves school money“The school now has one platform for assessment monitoring, report writing and homework. This saves money on having to subscribe to different platforms.”
- Moderately reduces attainment gap“Teachers can easily see where the gaps are and quickly intervene.”
- Significantly provides school data“Learning Ladders provides us with information on learners attainment in different subject areas, this in turn helps to inform how we approach teaching and learning.”
- Significantly improves parent engagement“Parents can view their children's progress, view homework as well as receive termly progression reports. This also gives them the opportunity to understand their children's strengths and weaknesses. When parents are well informed they can reach out to the school quickly and find ways to better support their children.”
- Significantly improves attainment“Teachers can see the learning gaps and work on providing support for the learners that are struggling.”
KS1 Head of Department
Used Learning Ladders daily for 0–3 months
The quick response service and the training we received from the organization.
Noma Theba found Learning Ladders:
- Significantly saves school money“We are able to manage our data more systematically .”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“The Progress of an individual student and group of student is monitored periodically.”
- Significantly improves attainment“The learning journey shows an excellent example of attainment of a student.”
Used Learning Ladders weekly for 0–3 months
Very helpful staff who personalise the system for our needs, very user-friendly, lots of helpful features
Elizabeth found Learning Ladders:
- Moderately saves school money“In terms of staff time in terms of evidencing progress”
- Moderately reduces attainment gap“We are still in the early days of using it but the different features will help us identify pupils falling behind more effectively.”
- Slightly improves attainment“Still too new to measure this”
Personal Assistant to the Principal
Used Learning Ladders daily for 3-4 years
Information easily available and user friendly
Zahra Muddassir found Learning Ladders:
- Moderately saves school money“Quality system saves time and money by reducing multiple platform purchases”
- Slightly reduces attainment gap“N/A not my remit”
- Slightly improves attainment“N/A not my remit”
Assistant Head of Primary
Used Learning Ladders for 7–12 months
The system is always improving and the LL staff are responsive to suggestions and requests for changes. There is a good support system with enquiries answered quickly. The Helpdesk is a brilliant resource.
Carl Davidson found Learning Ladders:
- Moderately improves attainment“The system makes it very easy to see prior learning and assessments so lessons can be pitched accordingly for each child, ensuring there is appropriate challenge for all.”
- Moderately reduces attainment gap“The presentation of the data makes it clear to see the differences between groups in a class and also between each of the classes in the school. This helps to develop class and whole school focuses to address gaps in understanding.”
- Slightly saves school money
Used Learning Ladders for 1-2 years
Learning Ladders does all we dreamt of and more. The team are responsive and have tailored the product to suit our setting.
Jenny Evans found Learning Ladders:
- Significantly improves attainment“By tracking progress in a granular way, we are able to intervene earlier for students who are not yet making the progress expected. This, in turn, enables students to attain higher than ever before.”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“By identifying children at risk of not exceeding potential very early on and personalizing learning and pathways for these children without waiting for the moment to pass.”
- Significantly saves school money“An affordable product that adds significant value to all we do at RDS.”
Used Learning Ladders for 1-2 years
Learning Ladders is a really user friendly system and has lots of great features. The developers always listen to customer feedback and are working on improving the platform further so that it meets the needs of individual schools.
Natalie Kaye-Aspinall found Learning Ladders:
- Significantly improves attainment“Learning Ladders allows teachers to accurately plot the learning objectives that the children have achieved, and to which level. Teachers are then able to identify next steps for the children's learning to ensure they achieve their potential.”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“Learning Ladders has the ability to extract a Gap Analysis report for a class/group linked to a specific subject area. This is an excellent tool for Assessment for Learning.”
- Slightly saves school money“Learning Ladders replaced our previous assessment system and does offer good value for money.”
Used Learning Ladders for 0–3months
A great user friendly system with outstanding customer support.
Victoria Richmond found Learning Ladders:
- Significantly improves attainment“Clear analysis of assessment and resources to identify specific areas for both staff and parents.”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“By offering clear analysis and next steps”
- Significantly saves school money“Not printing reports, communicating with parents and setting homework digitally.”
Used Learning Ladders for 6 months
The support from Stella and from Tom has been great. No question is too small and they are always quick to respond to emails.
Gill McGuigan found Learning Ladders:
- Moderately improves attainment“Teachers are able to identify targets easily and fill the gaps”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“Targeting of key areas means children make progress more quickly”
- Significantly saves school money“We do not need to print reports needlessly”
Used Learning Ladders for Coming up to 2 years
Learning ladders is the most user friendly data platform I have ever used and this is the general feeling amongst all the school staff. Between us we have used practically every software out there! LEarning ladders offers support, CPD as part of the package, they build a community network so we can inturn support each other. The platform is user-friendly but provides accurate and clear data for teachers, leadership and school owners. its a 5 star, 10/10 product that any school should seriously consider investing in.
Rachael Wilding found Learning Ladders:
- Significantly improves attainment“Teachers are able to see user friendly data about any given child, Learning Ladders supports them to ensure accurate coverage. Enalbing them to plan support and challenge.”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“The formats and reports Learning Ladders have on the portal supported the improvement of our attainment gap. Over all subject reports, class and individual child pages as well as the parent portal that is linked to the teachers data all combined have supported us in a rapid increase in attainment.”
- Slightly saves school money
Used Learning Ladders for 3 years
An excellent resources and a fantastic team who are always at the end of the phone.
Steven Deanus found Learning Ladders:
- Significantly improves attainment“Keeping a constant track of all pupils”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap
- Significantly saves school money“Collates all the data and present this information to all stakeholders”
Head of Primary School
Used Learning Ladders for Over 3 years
We have been using Learning Ladders for a number of years now. As our needs have developed, the team at Learning Ladders have always listened, responded and improved their provision. They really do go above and beyond to ensure that we are able to make the system work for us. The fact that we can customise the objectives and build the curriculum base makes this entirely bespoke to our students. It was however, incredibly helpful when we first started out that there were banks of curriculum objectives available so that we did not start with a blank page. The development of the analysis tools has supported our teachers as they build the content of their lessons and ensure full curriculum coverage across year groups. Finally, we have been very happy with the Parent portal: Ladders at Home. We introduced it 2 years ago, and it has slowly grown in use within the parent community. When we moved to online learning in March this was something we were able to share again with our parents as an additional way to help and support at home. Being an international school, the translation tool has been incredibly well received.
Jeni Dellman found Learning Ladders:
- Significantly improves attainment“By using Learning Ladders consistently across all year groups, we are able to assess individual and group attainment: more importantly, we are able to look at that attainment and identify next steps and areas of focus.”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“Using the Gap analysis tool, and through student progress meetings to look at each student, the teachers are able to ensure that they deliver the highest quality of education designed to both support and challenge.”
- Slightly saves school money
Pedagogy Development Leader/ SLT/Teacher
Used Learning Ladders for 7 seven years
Learning Ladders is not like other 'off the peg' systems, although if schools need something like that it can be that too, if they need a well structured starting point. However, schools can adapt it to their curriculum for all subjects if they chose to. Schools can decide on their assessment approach and really 'measure what they value,' rather than simply 'value what they measure'. In this way, Learning Ladders allows for 'decision driven data,' instead of 'data driven decisions'; schools can decide on their own curriculum, how they want to assess this and make this work for their children and context. In addition, Learning Ladders supports a mastery curriculum, which is been proven to lead to better outcomes for all children.
Beth Budden found Learning Ladders:
- Significantly improves attainment“Learning Ladders enables teachers to identify gaps in attainment and to plan for curricular progression, as well as SLT to oversee this and over support where necessary.”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“The granular detail Learning Ladders allows for individual pupils, classes and cohorts means that next steps can be identified easily and interventions, like precision teaching, or wider curricular catch up can be planned for. It also allows teaching staff to make notes and add examples for each criteria where necessary to support moderation of outcomes.”
- Moderately saves school money“Learning Ladders drastically cuts down on paper use for record keeping and pupils reporting, but importantly, it is much better value for money than many of the other curriculum-assessment systems and does a better job.”
Head of Assessment
Used Learning Ladders for 6 months
Simply outstanding. Learning Ladders has enhanced our assessments and empowered our teachers to clearly focus on areas of strength and development. Teacher workload has reduced as the system provides them with everything they need to plan carefully differentiated and personalised lessons. Not only does Learning Ladders provide excellent analytical and tracking tools, the training and support on offer really stand out. From day 1, the team have been readily available to support us every step of the way. This has ensured the system has been introduced successfully into our school and means it continues to be successful every single day! A huge thank you from everyone at Alpha!
Craig Evans found Learning Ladders:
- Significantly improves attainment“Learning Ladders provides our teachers with a clear understanding of each child’s areas of strengths and development. The GAP Analysis tool enables our teachers to carefully modify the curriculum so all children have secure foundations in place. Our interventions are now targeted to ensure they focus on the specific areas the children need to develop. This has enhanced the attainment and progress of all groups of children and most impressively, means we have a clear understanding of how our more able achievers can be pushed to even greater depths. A great assessment tool for all attainment levels!”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“Learning Ladders has enabled us to identify the areas that children need to develop so interventions and SENCO sessions can be targeted. This has enabled us to close the gap and push our children even further they we could have imagined. The progress of all children has been accelerated!”
- Significantly saves school money“Learning Ladders is excellent value for money! The tools within the system and the support and training we have received since we joined Learning Ladders have been amazing. The system has everything we need and more. A fantastic investment that has had outstanding results on attainment and progress.”