What is Dyslexia Gold?
Dyslexia Gold's online program helps children catch up.
It goes beyond phonics to improve reading and spelling for children who are struggling. It improves phonological awareness and eye tracking, two of the main reasons phonics doesn't work for all children. Designed for children who have already had high quality phonics teaching. It only takes 15 minutes a day and works on any PC or tablet.
- Age Range
- 5-7, 8-10, 11-13
- Internet - Low BandwidthInternet - High BandwidthDesktop - MacDesktop - WindowsDesktop - ChromebookMobile - iPhoneMobile - iPadMobile - WindowsMobile - Android
- Live OnlineDocumentation
- Home Learning
Compare Dyslexia Gold with...
Any browser and wifi.
Anyone can create the account.
Dyslexia Gold Pricing
£599 + VAT per year for a whole school license. £24 per month for parents.
Dyslexia Gold Reviews
from 8 Verified Reviews
Head of School
Used Dyslexia Gold daily for 7–12 months
Spelling Tutor (part of Dyslexia Gold) has really made a huge impact on our spelling results and we have rolled it out across the whole school now, regardless of ability or SEND status. It now forms an integral part of our day for regular spelling and reading repeated practice. It uses spaced repetition to focus on what words individuals needs to learn sequentially. It caters for all learners, including spelling words from Y5/6 NC lists.
Carla Thom found Dyslexia Gold:
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“When used in Y4-Y6, all children improved their spelling ages, some from 5 years to over 12 years in 1 academic year and during lockdown.”
- Moderately improves school processes“Children can access the activities independently at school or at home with teachers monitoring progress and setting assessments online.”
- Significantly improves attainment“The improvement in reading and spelling ages by the end of the year was huge in those children with SEND and with lower attainment.”
Used Dyslexia Gold for 12 months
Dyslexia Gold is cost-effective, easy to set up and simple for children to use. Our children particularly enjoyed playing Engaging Eyes.
Eileen Maceachern found Dyslexia Gold:
- Significantly improves attainment“Children who were using Engaging Eyes regularly made significant gains in their reading ages.”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“Some children scored above age-expected levels after using the programme regularly.”
- Significantly improves school processes
I'm a freelance dyslexia specialist working at different schools, England
Used Dyslexia Gold for 3 years
The high frequency words cover a good deal of the national curriculum and therefore go a long way to improving a child's day to day spelling in their written work - this in turn improves their confidence, which is important
Sue Wells found Dyslexia Gold:
- Significantly improves attainment“improves day to day spelling in written work as concentrates on high frequency words”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“Performance in standardised tests improve as long as the child does the programme regularly”
- Slightly improves school processes
SEN support/ TA
Used Dyslexia Gold for 10 months
Dyslexia Gold is like nothing I have used before and has shown vast improvements with a variety of age groups. With some children the age gap had hugely reduced, one child by 62 months in only two terms. Quite amazing!
Dawn Hancock found Dyslexia Gold:
- Significantly improves attainment“Not only have the reading ages improved greatly but it is lovely to see the children's confidence levels improve so drastically.”
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“The children are more willing to read aloud, often asking to do so, and their class teachers and parents have all commented how they have seen their confidence grow in all areas of school work.”
- Significantly improves school processes“The children were more confident to join in a variety of tasks throughout their school day with their improved confidence levels.”
Head of Learning Support
Used Dyslexia Gold for 4 years
I have never found another programme that replicates what we would do in a specialist 1:1 intervention. This does. It's fun but very targeted. The engaging eyes programme has made such a difference to our learners with a visual difficulty. Fluency Builder support phonological awareness and Spelling Tutor provides overlearning of keywords in a meaningful context. For children who do not need a specialist lesson this can be the difference between struggling and making good progress. For those who need a specialist lesson the programmes back up what we do and gives more regular practice. Thoroughly recommended.
Kate Bodle found Dyslexia Gold:
- Significantly improves attainment“We have been using the dyslexia gold suite of programmes for a number of years and have seen many children make incredible gains in their reading ability and spelling ability through it's use. Children do best when using it regularly so we recommend daily use with 4 x a week as a bare minimum. This has really helped improve our learning support provision as this regular targeted practice on top of other support makes a big difference to our learners.”
- Significantly improves school processes“The Dyslexia Gold programme enhances our provision by giving daily short sharp bursts of intervention to complement the other support we provide.”
Used Dyslexia Gold for 4 years
Great value for money with significant positive impact.
Sarah found Dyslexia Gold:
- Significantly improves attainment“We have seen significant impact upon reading levels and spelling ability. Children gain confidence as well as skills and enjoy using the programs. Engaging Eyes has, for some children been crucial in overcoming barriers to reading.”
- Significantly improves school processes“Easy to use and set up. Intuitive programs that need little adult input once children are 'trained'.”
Used Dyslexia Gold for 12 Months
This is a great programme for children with Dyslexia or just those who need a boost to help improve their spelling. There are also programmes which work on the child's tracking which has had a huge impact on their learning. The games are all fun and the children love them. There is also a times table tutor which is a brilliant activity to help the children retain thee tables they learn. I cannot recommend this programme highly enough! The support centre is also extremely helpful should I have any queries. ALL children using this programme have made progress, and quite a number have made significant progress.
Jenny found Dyslexia Gold:
- Significantly improves attainment“Children regularly make between 4 and 6 months progress in a few months. These are SEN children who have previously made little progress with other interventions.”
- Significantly improves school processes“Children who have been unable to score on any of the required school tests are either now able to access the tests, or we can use Dyslexia Gold to find a starting point and check progress.”
Used Dyslexia Gold for nine months
This is certainly the best resource I have seen in many years. The combination of eye-tracking and phonological assessment gives an informative assessment profile for teachers and parents. Eye-tracking is the 'invisible barrier' to reading progress. The program made all the difference for one of our pupils with a diagnosis of 'lazy-eye'. Until he used the 'Engaging-Eyes' program he found reading burdensome. He has now found a new confidence and love of reading. I am now wondering how many pupils are struggle on without us being aware they have this condition.Others including dyslexics, and those who needed a boost have all made spectacular progress. The Dyslexia Gold package is the single most important and effective program we run at school and it has become an integral part of a re-designed reading recovery program. I endorse this program fully and enthusiastically.
George Law found Dyslexia Gold:
- Significantly improves attainment“Reading accuracy and reading speeds improved significantly over just one term. Pupils achieved rapid reading-age progress; some as much as ten months.”
- Significantly improves school processes“Interventions have become more focused and productive and pupils better motivated to read.”