What is Forbrain ?
Forbrain is a pair of microphone-equipped, bone-conduction headphones that help children and students work on their audio-vocal loop, thereby helping improve reading comprehension, speech, focus, and social communication skills.
As they speak into the microphone, Forbrain, through its dynamic filter, enhances specific patterns of the child’s voice, and the enhanced voice is delivered instantaneously via bone conduction. They are more focused on the tone and rhythm of their voice and are more receptive to the message.
This helps them improve reading comprehension, concentrate better, and learn quicker. Having the opportunity to practice by hearing themselves so clearly helps build more confidence and improves memory retention in students. Forbrain is suitable for children aged 5 and up.
30 minutes per week
|Age Range||5-7, 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, 17-18|
|Policies||Terms of Service|
Easy to use, no extra training needed. Teachers and students can just turn on the headset, put it on, and speak freely into the mic.
No training needed but we provide a user guide PDF. Please visit our website for more details.
Compare Forbrain with...
from 6 Verified Reviews
Used Forbrain for 7 or 8 years now
As an OT I find that it is such an easy to use tool within my sessions, easy for parents to carryover at home as well. Plus I have had my own personal experience using the tool as well. It is a tool that just adds to your therapy session it does not take away from the therapy session! the biggest thing is just that it is so easy to use and use in a variety of different ways.
Kara found Forbrain:
- Significantly improves attainment“using forbrain in sessions with children who have praxis difficulties really helps them attenuate, remember and learn new skills”
- Significantly improves behaviour or wellbeing“Yes using forbrain helps children gain confidence in what they do thus improving their wellbeing.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Having a child become more self aware and tuned in to their own voice while working on listening attention helps improve therapy sessions. As forbrain can also pick up the voice of others if sitting close enough so your client can better pick up verbal directions when learning new games which helps with the efficiency of your sessions”
- Significantly improves parental engagement“as the headphone typically requires a parent to make sure that the child is wearing and using the product correctly it naturally facilitates parent engagement. Plus it is such an easy to use tool that parents can use it in a variety of ways improving engagement, reading together, talking together etc.”
Maude Le Roux
Used Forbrain for 5 years
It truly is a nifty small package that provides a "big bite" in a good way. It is a multi-purpose tool that could be used to enhance speech articulation, reading, working memory and social conversation. It is versatile and easy to use no matter where you are.
Maude Le Roux found Forbrain:
- Significantly improves attainment“improved reading, working memory, listening comprehension, following directions and attention”
- Significantly improves behaviour or wellbeing“Forbrain assists with attaining skill and a level of psychological awareness through your own voice. As this grows the need or impetus to display unwanted behaviors wanes”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Better listening, improved attention; Better processing, increased comprehension”
- Significantly improves parental engagement“It is a tool that can support all ages and we frequently ask families to do this together, even as in having a conversation or debate together. If the parent also uses this tools, it increases the understanding of the child's process which helps the parent feel more in control and more open to engage in child's struggles.”
Used Forbrain for 9 months
I have already recommended 3 of my friends to purchase because personally, I see improvement in my daughter's progress. She used to take hours to complete a given task. Now, the time spent is reduced significantly.
Tricia found Forbrain:
- Significantly improves attainment“Helps in memory”
- Not significantly improves behaviour or wellbeing“More attentive”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“It facilitates memory and recall, so learning becomes more effective”
- Moderately improves parental engagement“I am more involved in my kids' academic learning to ensure that they are using Forbrain the right way”
Speech & Language Therapist
Used Forbrain for 3 years
It's a great tool, and can be very beneficial for some children. However, it is expensive, and it's not appropriate for all children so it's best to test it first before investing in one.
Grace found Forbrain:
- Moderately improves attainment“faster acquisition of target sounds for children with speech sound disorders”
- Significantly improves behaviour or wellbeing“improved concentration in children with autistic spectrum disorder and adhd”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“children more motivated to participate when wearing Forbrain”
- Significantly improves parental engagement“parents enjoy having something concrete to use with their child”
Psychologist - Tomatis level 4 Senior Consultant and International Trainer
Used Forbrain for 6 years since it was on the market
Since Forbrain has been released I have recommended it to parents, teachers, professionals, to singers, coaches and adults. I also won the Forbrain prize for best seller at the Tomatis Conference in Paris in 2016. I just believe in the product as I see the benefits it offers. I recommend it to non verbal children and we observe them starting to play with their voices and producing sounds. This is a tool which can make so much difference in communication, socialisation and also learning.
Francoise Nicoloff found Forbrain:
- Significantly improves attainment“Better speech clarity and attention skills as well as voice quality. To reach harmony in a choir or an ensemble is much easier and quicker. I have seen children starting to talk and developing better skills with speech and language. Little girls usually love Forbrain and they enjoy singing with it. A happy heart is a singing heart as I often say.”
- Significantly improves behaviour or wellbeing“As Forbrain works on auditory processing and speech clarity, it helps with communication and socialisation. I have seen children starting to join groups at recess and enjoying having fun instead of taking refuge in the library or being alone in the playground and being miserable. Some children and adults will not miss their time to have this great experience of hearing their own voice. For me I cannot give a webinar without Forbrain, the feeling of hearing the fullness of my voice is a nice sensation and I miss it if I don't put it on or if the battery stops.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Forbrain helps with clarity of speech, it improves the quality of the timbre with more harmonics. When I teach or give a webinar, I put Forbrain on and people say that I sound less French! hahaha! I also had some feedback from Dads who have started to use Forbrain and it has helped them to understand better when they attend meetings and also colleagues have commented on the improvement of the voice quality so people can understand those Dads better. So it is a win-win situation.”
- Moderately improves parental engagement“We recommend Forbrain to children: they need to read out loud, so parents are encouraged to read stories with their child and take turn in the reading; it can be a special time together where both parent and child benefit from the Forbrain and it allows to build or improve the bond between Mum or Dad and the child.”
Education and Tomatis Consultant
Used Forbrain for More than 6 years
It is a very useful tool, sound processing is not possible to see, but it is there and it is useful to be able to exercise it and to enhance it throughout life.
Charlotte Davies found Forbrain:
- Significantly improves attainment“Helps students learn foreign languages more quickly; helps students with sound processing issues improve their ability to process sound which in turn improves their reading speed; emotionally helps students resolve sound processing issues which in turn allows them to like their own voice and themselves so improves self-esteem and self-regulation; improves singing and public speaking.”
- Significantly improves behaviour or wellbeing“It improves sound processing and boosts vestibular integration hence moves students closer to motor-sensory integration hence calm behaviour. When students can process sound better they are calmer. I also use it a lot with mental health issues to raise a sense of self-esteem and positive thinking. It is very powerful when used with songs which are joyous and positive to move on depression and to help people move one from feeling detached from themselves.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Yes because the students' sound processing improves so they can learn far more in the classroom; also if you want a child to learn or recall a text it is far easier if they use a Forbrain. I use Forbrain if I want to accelerate my learning.”
- Significantly improves parental engagement“They also use the Forbrain. Parents notice when their children improve their focus. Some of my parents use their children's Forbrains to improve their own learning!”