What is Big Ear?
In Big Ear the player solves musical puzzles and constructs popular songs. Through the game they will explore melody, harmony and rhythm, as well as different instruments and genres of music. It is also possible to make your own tunes and use them as musical messages or ringtones.
|Age Range||0-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, 17-18, 19+|
Big Ear Pricing
One time purchase
Compare Big Ear with...
Certified by Education Alliance Finland, 04/2019
EAF Evaluation is an academically-backed approach to evaluating the pedagogical design of a product. EAF evaluators assess the product using criteria that covers the most essential pedagogical aspects in the learning experience.
Certified by Education Alliance Finland
The supported learning goals are identified by mapping the product against the selected reference curriculum and soft skills definitions most relevant for the 21st century.
- Using technology to express one’s emotions and experiences
- Learning to combine information to find new innovations
- Practicing to notice causal connections
- Practicing categorization and classification
- Practicing to use arts as a way to express
- Practicing to use imagination and to be innovative
- Practicing to improvise
- Creating requirements for creative thinking
- Developing problem solving skills
- Understanding concepts of music and familiarizing with different notations
- Experiencing and exploring sounds and music from different sources
- Practicing logical reasoning to understand and interpret information in different forms
- Using technology as a part of explorative and creative process
- Understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated, including through the inter-related dimensions: pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notations.
- Listen with attention to detail and recall sounds with increasing aural memory.
- Experiment with, create, select and combine sounds using the inter-related dimensions of music.