What is Commtap Communication Resources?
Free bank of activities for supporting children with communication difficulties organised by developmental skill.
The ideas are designed to be quick and easy to use by teaching staff using materials commonly found in schools.
|Age Range||0-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, 17-18|
Advice from a speech and language therapist or specialist teacher is recommend for schools to get the best out of the resource. However the ideas are designed to be simple to put into practice with minimal support external to the school.
We can provide training on how best to access and use the communication resources (1-2 hours online training), and best practices for using the symboliser software (2 hours online workshop).
Commtap Communication Resources Pricing
Compare Commtap Communication Resources with...
Commtap Communication Resources Reviews
from 1 Verified Review
Speech and Language Therapist
Used Commtap Communication Resources for 5 years
I regularly direct parents and teachers to use Commtap aa part of my work as a Speech and Language Therapist. The activity ideas replicate those I would suggest within therapy programmes for children with speech, language and communication needs. The developmental order of skills can be a really helpful tool to consider what a sensible next step might be for the child. These activities are effective and do not rely on external purchases. Most of the activities can be sourced with materials already used at school or at home. Commtap offers the opportunity for teachers and parents to have increased autonomy in the support and developmental of children's language skills, activities are very easy to follow and implement. Thank you for creating this wonderful resource!
Sophie found Commtap Communication Resources:
- Significantly improves behaviour or wellbeing“Increased language comprehension skills in children allows for greater awareness of the environment and what can be expected to happen and what is the expected response. This reduces anxiety and behaviours change accordingly. Increased expressive language skills in the child allows them to show their wants, needs and opinions effectively with communication partners allowing increased control of circumstances and increased participation.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Activity ideas are specific to areas of need and development. These tools as clearly ordered and teachers can be directed to a specific activity page to focus on in conjunction with therapy plans. Teachers do not need to think up their own activities as these are provided.”
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“Target areas are specific and follow a clear developmental order. Most activities can be carried out using resources already available in school.”
- Moderately improves teacher knowledge and skills“Improved knowledge of developmental order of language acquisition and how each skill can be supported.”
- Moderately saves school money“Activities generally relate to resources already available in school. There can be increased autonomy in supporting SLCN decreasing need for external services.”