What is Discovery Education Espresso?
Keep teachers happy and students on track with Discovery Education Espresso—designed for seamless everyday instruction and classroom engagement.
After the last two school years, it’s clear that teacher retention and addressing learning loss are the top priorities for many education leaders. Discovery Education helps primary schools with both. Our award-winning learning platform makes it easy for teachers to build and deliver compelling lessons and follow pupils closely on their path to success.
Keep your teachers happy
- Teachers know and love us for our trusted, high-quality education resources. From game-like interactives and ready-to-use activities to focused video clips and printable worksheets, teachers can be sure they will find engaging resources no matter what their instructional needs.
- Whether you’re looking for favorites such as Phonics, Grammar and Punctuation and Poetry or Calculation, Algebra and Time Tables Tests or newer resources including Muddy Maths, The Walk with Amal and Earth to Luna, our treasury of 13,000 resources are curated into curriculum topics and areas of interest.
- An age-appropriate news service for EYFS to KS2 helps teachers explain what’s happening in the world around them. With news bulletins, in-depth stories and pictures to spark discussion, you’ll always have relevant resources at your fingertips.
- Calendar Picks includes activities and lesson starters to quickly incorporate timely events into your teaching, whether you’re celebrating Roald Dahl Day, World Kindness Day or World Space Week, Espresso has got you covered.
Address critical learning and achievement gaps.
Espresso gives educators clear insights into student progress to ensure no one falls behind.
- Our classroom engagement tool, Quiz, gives teachers multiple ways to promote active learning in the classroom and track progress in real-time.
- Embed quiz questions right into the viewing timeline of any video
- Create custom quizzes with a range of question formats, from polling to open-ended, multiple-choice to image annotation.
- Ask questions live in the classroom and share responses to spark discussions.
- When you’ve assessed where pupils are, it’s easy to assign resources directly to individuals or groups, with context and instructions.
- For those who want to create their own activities, Studio is a flexible tool for you to bring together your own, and DE’s resources. There are even a number of activity templates to get you started.
|Company||Business Name: Discovery Education|
HQ Location: United Kingdom
|Age Range||5-7, 8-10, 11-13|
|Features||Home AccessMathsEnglishImmersive ReaderAdminister AssessmentsGive Student FeedbackBuild QuizzesLesson PlansLesson Activities Cross-curricularAssign TasksPrimary ResourcesAge-appropriate NewsReal-world ContentVideo Content HumanitiesAwareness Days And EventsInteractives And GamesArImmersive Reader|
|Requirements||Internet - Low BandwidthInternet - High BandwidthDesktop - MacDesktop - WindowsDesktop - ChromebookMobile - iPhoneMobile - iPadMobile - WindowsMobile - Android|
Internet connection and internet connected device
Our team will work with anyone taking a trial to get them into the Espresso service, no installation is required for a trial and all of your team can access the resources during this period.
|Support||EmailFAQs/ForumKnowledge BasePhone Support|
|Home Learning||Parent Access|
School must create the account.
Pupil Home Access is available to all subscribing schools, enabling pupils to access our services from home via the Internet. Log-in details are sent out from the school.
Discovery Education Espresso Pricing
Free TrialPaid Subscription
Discovery Education Espresso pricing starts from £7.65 / per-pupil
An Espresso subscription starts at £7.65 per pupil (excluding VAT). Everything is included in this price including MIS data integration, a dedicated account manager, setup and onboarding and ongoing support in using the service.
Multi-year discounts are available as well as special pricing for multi-product subscriptions.
For a personalised quote, please contact us.
Compare Discovery Education Espresso with...
Discovery Education Espresso Reviews
from 4 Verified Reviews
Head of Computing
Used Discovery Education Espresso week for 5 years+
Excellent resources freely available to use and download. Very responsive support team and excellent curriculum coverage. Forward thinking with modern tech e.g. AR and VR
Sam Shallcross found Discovery Education Espresso:
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“assembly preparation”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“great videos”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“enquiry”
Used Discovery Education Espresso week for 5 years+
Discovery offers a vast library of content that can support teachers with planning and in lessons.
Dale found Discovery Education Espresso:
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“It has collated a variety of video resources into useful channels and groups”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Same as before - with set channels, it is easy to find a collection of useful resources.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“The ability to track pupil engagement is excellent as it shows how long they spend on tasks.”
Used Discovery Education Espresso day for 3-4 years
I use it in almost all of my lessons to some degree. There is such a wealth of resources within the database and it is so easy for both the teacher and the students to navigate.
Jack Allen found Discovery Education Espresso:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“There is a large bank of various resources covering a a lot of curriculum subjects that are easily found and can be distributed very simply to the students.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Using the video resources during lesson inputs allows for engaging introductions to many subjects covered. Setting assignments to the individual children and providing immediate feedback.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“The different types of learning resources, e.g videos, quizzes and articles allow for all learners to extend their existing knowledge and to embed what they have already learnt.”
Director of Computing and Inclusion
Used Discovery Education Espresso for 12 years
I love Discovery and we are using morE and more on there everyday
Hayley McKechnie found Discovery Education Espresso:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Increases confidence and knowledge in History”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Resources are better than we can find elsewhere”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Everything you need is there, especially if you use route planner (soon to be replaced with Studio)”