What is Edumate?
With Edumate (formerly ClassMaster) teachers can take their classwork, homework and assessments online in a fraction of the time by turning their paper-based or digital resources into online assessments, using our AI-powered smart resource converter.
With assisted marking, personalised feedback, real-time progress tracking and individual learning insights built-in, teachers see a significant reduction in their marking workload and find the insights and data generated by the system invaluable for improving student outcomes.
Students can submit work on any device, in school or at home, making learning engaging and accessible to everyone.
One classwork, homework or assessment per week.
|Company||HQ Location: United Kingdom|
|Age Range||5-7, 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, 17-18, 19+|
|Features||ClassworkHomeworkAssessmentsPaper To DigitalAssisted MarkingLearning InsightsShow Your Work|
|Requirements||Internet - Low BandwidthDesktop - MacDesktop - WindowsDesktop - ChromebookDesktop - LinuxMobile - iPhoneMobile - iPadMobile - WindowsMobile - Android|
Edumate can be used on any device with a modern web browser, including Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and Mobile devices. No time-consuming app downloads or IT set up is required. Teachers simply need to enter their name, email address and create a password. Student accounts can be created with a username or email address.
Free VersionPaid Subscription
Edumate pricing starts from £7.99 / month
Compare Edumate with...
from 7 Verified Reviews
Used Edumate daily for 3-4 years
I find Edumate frustrating to use becuase pages load slowly, pages often crash and data is often lost when entering reporting comments, leading to a need to re enter data which wastes hours of my time. I am disappointed in the service provided and cannot recommend it to others.
Michael Benson found Edumate:
- Does not reduce teacher workload“- Pages take a long time to load - The reporting system is clunky - The reporting system often breaks down, requiring manual re entry of data - The system often crashes and will not allow pages to open, the only solution to this problem is to clear cookies. This is necessary on a daily basis and takes away from teaching time.”
- Significantly provides school data“Student records are easily accessible”
- Does not improve teaching efficiency“- Edumate is slow and clunky. If the software was more fluid, it would improve efficiency.”
Used Edumate daily for 3-4 years
Great resource, compact, easy to use, data easy to understand and use
Jennifer Hutton found Edumate:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Less marking, less time making resources, saved for editing in future”
- Significantly provides school data“Data for everyday class use, parent teacher interviews”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Quick and easy to use”
Used Edumate daily for 0–3 months
Very helpful product, although sometimes the platform can be frustrating to navigate.
Dave Caldwell found Edumate:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“It alleviates need to mark daily tests manually”
- Significantly provides school data“Pupil progress”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Quickly assessing which children have understood a concept”
Used Edumate weekly for 7–12 months
I think it is fabulous. A tremendous resource. I really feel all teachers should use it
Andrew Stewart found Edumate:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Homework and Friday tests”
- Significantly provides school data“I can now track their Friday tests results and use this data”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“It allows you time to plan better with not having to mark every piece of work”
Used ClassMaster weekly for 7–12 months
While a 10 star review may be seen as near impossible, I can hand on heart say ClassMaster is the software of the future to enhance and completely transform education and teaching in Northern Ireland and beyond. We all have used various platforms over the past 18 months but none that allows you to use your tried and tested resources. As teachers, we all have those go to resources we're never going to stop using (we all know that feeling) - we tweak and develop and enhance.... And then photocopy! This particular software allows you to use what you already know, just in the digital World. The tools allow you to almost instantly convert any resource, even down to picking out a simple question in that resource or converting the entire resource, and then circulate that resource with groups of children, homework groups, testing groups, booster groups etc. From that, the ongoing and instant marking, collation of data and the graphing abilities done behind the scenes which allow us as teachers and leaders to instantly spot trends, improvements, and ultimately areas for improvement with the touch of a button removes that stress of marking and analysis of data - we can focus entirely on making improvements to our education processes. My leadership career has been about developing and enhancing ways to make teaching more enjoyable and less stressful, and teaching and education more efficient and beneficial to our stakeholders - our families and children in our care, and our teachers - and I genuinely feel ClassMaster is the tool to do that. The advances it has made it such a quick timeframe only shows what is to come!
Damian O'Kane found ClassMaster:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Reduced marking for teachers. Reduced analysing of data and marking which is done quickly and conveniently within the software. Teachers can also use their own worksheets/resources etc so they're not reinventing the wheel. Reduction of homework setting, photocopying, and then marking. All round reduction in time.”
- Significantly provides school data“Data is done within the software. Shows obvious trends and changes in trends for children. Can show where improvements or different strategies are needed”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Due to the amount the software does, numerous areas are more efficient - data collation and analysis, spotting and seeing trends immediately, updated and using teachers own resources in a 21st century way rapid conversion to digital formats, streamlining and enhancing the homework process to make it more beneficial for education”
Used ClassMaster for 1-2 years
ClassMaster is a tool for today and tomorrow's classroom. The world is becoming ever increasingly digital and automation and IT are all around us. There is absolutely no escaping digital technologies and they should be embraced in education too to reduce teacher workload, engage pupils in their learning, tailor the educational experience of every child and ultimately increase the quality of teaching and learning in our schools and educational establishments. ClassMaster helps to achieve these aims! ClassMaster is a truly fabulous tool which I would highly recommend to anyone wishing to see change in the areas referenced above whilst embracing new, exciting and ever-evolving technology which needs to play a part in today's classroom if we're ever to fully cater for and engage the pupil of today and tomorrow. I couldn't recommend ClassMaster highly enough and I'm excited to see where it goes from here! All the very best and thank you so much!
John found ClassMaster:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Teacher workload is significantly reduced in a number of areas as a result of using ClassMaster. Firstly, in terms of marking, ClassMaster has automarking functionality built in, therefore the requirement to individually mark 30+ books or tasks by hand is instantly removed. (Of course, you still have the freedom to mark questions or whole tasks manually using your preferred approach.) Furthermore, because all tasks are stored electronically in one location, you don't need to carry books home or spend time searching for or sorting through piles of marking. Secondly, in terms of pupil feedback, workload is considerably reduced again because of the automated nature of the system. I can choose to send feedback on an individual question or whole task basis and to any number of pupils at once. High quality (typed) general or tailored feedback can be provided in an instant without the need to write it out countless times in numerous books. Thirdly, in terms of data analysis, because the marking is automated, I can spend more time analysing the pupil responses and task results. I am provided with data instantly upon task submission and can use this immediately to inform my planning and lesson progression. I can view historical data in tabular or graphical format at the click of a button and draw individual or collective trends with ease. The data is all stored in one location which saves me cross-referencing across multiple platforms to locate historical data. Finally, in terms of resource creation and deployment, ClassMaster is extremely user friendly and enables me to convert paper resources to e-versions in a matter of minutes and assign them with ease to groups, individual pupils or to the whole class.”
- Significantly provides school data“ClassMaster is a "data rich" system. I can view individual, group or whole class assessment data at the click of a button. This data can be viewed by various approaches. I could, for example, view responses to an individual question from every pupil in the class. Similarly, I could view all responses to a whole task by a selected pupil(s). I could also view all historical assessment data from any given pupil and filter this using the effective "tagging" and calendar systems that are built into ClassMaster. In viewing pupil assessment data, I am provided with the pupil's highest, lowest and average scores for any selected or all activities, alongside the date and time completed, task duration, raw score and percentage. I can view this data in graphical form using the impressive "Insights" element of the system. Again, this is extremely beneficial for data analysis and drawing trends over time to inform teaching and learning. In tabular form, I can sort data into rank or reverse rank order instantly for score, date/time, assessment name and task duration. These are all useful insights which wouldn't be available if the task was completed on paper. Pupil data is all safely stored in one location and saves me having to search across multiple platforms or through various paper tests to locate the information I need. Parents have full access to their child's historical data too, which is useful in keeping parents/guardians informed and for strengthening the home-school link.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“My efficiency as a teacher has most certainly increased as a direct result of using ClassMaster. Due to the reduced workload and ease of data analysis as referenced above, I believe I am more informed about my pupils' learning and attainment and am therefore in a better position to cater for their needs in a tailored and timely fashion. For example, when manually administering daily spellings and mental maths tests, I collected in the 30+ books and marked them by hand, sometimes only finishing as the final bell sounded. There was rarely time for data analysis as the books were then frantically distributed and pupils took them home to complete corrections independently. Now, because of ClassMaster, I don't have to mark the 30 books by hand during the day and can instead, following the test, view outcomes for the whole class and because of the useful traffic light system built into CM, identify pupils who struggled or excelled with the test and view which question(s) were answered well/poorly across the class. In the moments following the test, we can then address these questions, work through them collaboratively and learn from our mistakes, all whilst the test is still fresh in everyone's mind. I've found that the kids love getting their results and feedback instantly, rather than having to wait until the end of the day. It's much more effective going over the assessment in the moment, rather than at a later stage or (as most often was the case due to time constraints) not at all.”
Used ClassMaster for 1-2 years
ClassMaster has been an invaluable resource for taking my teaching online over the last few years. Having trailed a number of other online assessment tools, I have found the resource converter on ClassMaster to be a game changer, allowing me to quickly and easily make my existing worksheets and resources digital. The assisted marking and feedback features have been a massive time saver and the assessment data generated has been extremely beneficial in informing my future planning.