What is Globe From Home?
We are the world’s first EdTech company to offer a ‘world-schooling’ based pedagogy through live-streamed, virtual sessions delivered by presenters around the planet. Schools can use our sessions as tools to supplement various subjects being taught in the classroom and to enhance modern foreign language learning. Besides offering life-long learning, our sessions enable students and teachers to travel the world, meet different cultures and gain social & emotional skills. Globe From Home is trusted by a growing cohort of schools around the world and Organisations including the British Council.
Schools can register free and avail a selection of free and paid offerings.
Free sessions include our International Classroom Exchanges where students can connect with those in other schools around the world and exchange knowledge and culture besides solving problems together. Also included are group trips to other countries and participation in global student events.
Schools can also choose from paid offerings on a ‘pay-as-you-buy’ basis. These include;
Curriculum-based sessions which are mapped to subjects including Geography, History, Religious Education, PHSE/Citizenship, Music & Art and Business Studies.
Here are some examples; Students learning about ancient Egypt in History can visit the Pyramids in Gizaon a live, interactive, session. Geography teachers can complement learning about volcanoes on a live visit to see one in Costa Rica.
R.E. teachers can help students truly understand about world religions through live sessions that take them to places of worship in countries where they originate. As part of PSHE/Citizenship, you will find impactful sessions like meeting a Syrian refugee where students will gain profound insights about displacement and the need for global community. You will also find sessions that provide a true understanding of other cultures (Why do Sikhs wear Turbans/ Why do Muslims wear Hijabs/ The history of Black hair and others).
You will find sessions for events & awareness days through the school calendar year (Black History Month/ Diwali/ Chinese New Year and more)
Modern Foreign Language learning sessions (includes Mandarin, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, French and German) where students can visit the respective countries and practise language in real life settings with locals, giving them destination and culture orientation, which are key to become proficient in any language.
Also included amongst other offerings are trips to World heritage sites and virtual school trips to other countries.
Our portfolio also includes special sessions for teaching staff. These include wellbeing and motivation sessions and cultural orientation lessons.
- Age Range
- 5-7, 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, 17-18, 19+
- Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Robust features
- Internet - Low Bandwidth
- Live OnlineVideos
- Home Learning
- Parent AccessParent Supervision
Compare Globe From Home with...
School must create the account.
Globe From Home Pricing
Globe From Home Reviews
from 1 Verified Review
Head of Languages
Anglo European School, England
Used Globe From Home occasionally for 7–12 months
Globe from Home is constantly developing and improving. It has provided a range of opportunities, not just in languages but a whole international cross-curricular provision.
Hannah Latimer found Globe From Home:
- Moderately saves school money“When we haven't been able to travel abroad, this has provided an affordable means of providing cultural capital.”
- Slightly reduces attainment gap“Not able to say at this point. It does help inspire but unable to say whether this has impacted attainment.”
- Moderately increases student collaboration“Globe from Home developed group quizzes and projects to encourage students to work together whilst embracing the target language culture.”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency“It provides an engaging way to bring the culture to life.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Students have learnt content that isn't possible in the classroom setting normally - Japanese traditions when visiting a temple, Chinese New Year celebrations etc.”