What is ReadingWise?
ReadingWise helps schools to rapidly improve reading among those falling behind. If you have a cohort of children who are struggling to read and are falling behind their peers, ReadingWise can help!.
A minimum of 3 x 20-minute sessions per week is recommended..
reduce attainment gap
improve teaching efficiency
|Age Range||8-10, 5-7, 11-13, 14-16|
ReadingWise is incredibly simple to use. An online programme, your staff and pupils receive username and passwords to access the programme. ReadingWise works on any hardware - each pupil will need access to a computer or iPad. You will need an internet connection. For more technical details please visit the tech page: https://readingwise.com/techsupport
Not provided by vendor.
Compare ReadingWise with...
4.85 out of 5
from 3 Verified Reviews
ReadingWise has collected 0 reviews in the past 6 months
Teacher and Primary Literacy Lead
Used ReadingWise for 5 years
I really like ReadingWise, our children enjoy using it. The introduction of the ZIP part for our less able children has allowed more to access alongside their peers.
Kerith Ocuneff found ReadingWise:
- Slightly reduces attainment gap“Some of our children do not have access to technology at home, this allows children to develop independence within phonics and reading.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Children are able to focus on their specific individual plans whilst being supported by staff.”
Deputy Headteacher and SENCo
Used ReadingWise for about 5 years
We have had consistent progress for a range of pupils with different needs. Often progress is seen where other interventions have not had impact
Caroline Farmer found ReadingWise:
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“using the decoding program we frequently find that pupils reading age improves at least double the number of months in the time taken to complete the program. We have had several cases where this has been 3x”
- Slightly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Decoding program often leads to pupils reading more fluently and accurately”
Used ReadingWise for 2 years
The impact is significant and never too late. It is easy to complete and the children enjoy working on line using the score board to see who is achieving or in the lead.
Chris Bowcock found ReadingWise:
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“Year 6 students working towards in reading after completing the Reading Wise Program their scores were: 10 in total : 2 gained greater depth in reading, 6 gained expected levels 2 developed in age reading levels but still working towards.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“We can look at what the data is telling us and this highlights were we need to plug the gaps in the children's learning.”