What is RelationShapes?
RelationShapes is designed to develop young children’s visual-spatial reasoning and creative problem-solving skills through open-ended play.
With minimal verbal language, RelationShapes immerses children in a visual language that is relevant, universal and fun. The app encourage adults to actively participate in playful learning with their children. A split screen design and multi-touch capability support co-play.
Parents and educators can easily monitor children’s progress in the Grown-ups area by viewing the skills children learn and practice as they move through each level.
Compare RelationShapes with...
Certified by Education Alliance Finland, 03/2018
EAF Evaluation is an academically-backed approach to evaluating the pedagogical design of a product. EAF evaluators assess the product using criteria that covers the most essential pedagogical aspects in the learning experience.
Certified by Education Alliance Finland
The supported learning goals are identified by mapping the product against the selected reference curriculum and soft skills definitions most relevant for the 21st century.
- Practicing to work with others
- Practicing to notice causal connections
- Encouraging to build new information and visions
- Developing problem solving skills
- Creating requirements for creative thinking
- Practicing to use imagination and to be innovative
- Practicing to use arts as a way to express
- Practicing fine motor skills
- Practicing categorization and classification
- Using technology as a part of explorative and creative process
- Using technology for interaction and collaboration
- Practising to understand visual concepts and shapes and observe their qualities
- Learning to acquire, modify and produce information in different forms
- Comparing 2D shapes to everyday objects.
- Exploring characteristics of everyday objects and shapes and using mathematical language to describe them.
- Practicing to explore, manipulate, and create with shapes. with different variables: size, orientation and position.
- Practicing visual-spatial thinking by identifying and exploring geometric shapes and their properties.
- Practising to recreate compositions.
- Using the available shapes for creating original pieces of artwork.