What is Scribeasy?
Scribeasy is a cross curricular platform that helps teachers coach and students write stories. It has assistive tools, analytics and inspiring resources that build storytelling skills in children of all abilities.
Features and benefits include:
- Audiovisual, interactive,
- Topic configurable,
- Picture gallery library (characters, settings, objects), add spellings, video, lesson and pdf links
- An interactive and personalised thesaurus
-- Editing, marking and annotation features
_ Spelling and emotions tool
- Analytics for writer's and the group
- Secure and tested environment, a web-based platform for mostly all devices
- Login: school or home
|Age Range||0-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-13|
|Requirements||Internet - High BandwidthDesktop - MacDesktop - WindowsDesktop - ChromebookDesktop - LinuxMobile - iPhoneMobile - iPadMobile - WindowsMobile - Android|
Wifi, log in with Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox to Scribeasy.com. The platform is web-based so can be used mostly on any device - laptop, iPads, tablets, whiteboards.
Upload an xls or cvs file od student names - 1 minute
|Training||In PersonLive OnlineDocumentationVideos|
With sign up, we supply a video and a Zoom online session. Typically a teacher onboarding takes around ten-to thirty minutes. Students need only a few minutes. A follow-up call/Skype or Zoom can be arranged at a time to suit the school, during which we share our screen, walk through the platform and share creative tips.
The platform has an online chat help, and Scribeasy allocates a named contact person who supports the school with customer care.
We do visit schools for face to face demonstrations (currently only London Schools), ideally, the coaching is arranged with a group of schools on an inset day or after school. In addition, creative writing workshops can be booked (any UK school or class) for an agreed fee.
|Support||EmailFAQs/ForumKnowledge BasePhone Support24/7 Live Rep|
|Home Learning||Parent Access|
Parents can create the account.
Scribeasy pricing starts from £4 / per-pupil
Compare Scribeasy with...
from 1 Verified Review
Used Scribeasy weekly for 3-4 years
I've been playing with Scribeasy at home with my son as well as using it in my school, I continue to find new ways to create ideas and creative projects, It's hard for me to find a critism that warrants taking stars away? Problems I had early on when working with my groups have all been resolved and the site works very well. There is nothing on my wish list for now!
Mike found Scribeasy:
- Significantly reduces attainment gap“Scribeasy allowed the students that lacked confidence in their literacy skills to produce amazing stories. The opportunity to create images using their visual skills, picture play and immagination gave them the freedom to express themselves and that pride and investment culminated in some really beautiful writing.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“As a teaching assistant I ran after school creative writing workshops. All of my students stories were easily accecible to me and I could annotate their work live as well as have feedback from the literacy tools and data. Building new image packs and creating story lesson plans were fun and straight forward.”