What is Secondary Language Link ?
Secondary Language Link is the only comprehensive SLCN support package of its kind. This assessment, targeted interventions and teacher training package enables secondary schools to identify and support the language and communication needs of Key Stage 3 students aged 11-14 years.
|Company||Business Name: Speech Link Multimedia Ltd|
HQ Location: United Kingdom
|Features||Identifies Language Needs, Administer Assesments, Provides Intervention, Staff TrainingIdentifies Language DifficultiesAdminter AssessmentsSmall Group InterventionsStaff Training|
|Requirements||Internet - High BandwidthDesktop - Windows|
A computer and wired internet access and good quality head phones.
Delivered to staff groups and underpinned by discussion, self-evaluation and reflection, the toolkit helps teachers identify their own areas of need to improve inclusive teaching to enable pupils with SLCN to realise their potential in the classroom. This online training resource examines key aspects of teaching to support the learning and achievement of students with SLCN and those learning English as an additional language. The toolkit helps teachers understand the importance and impact of poor communication skills on learning and life chances. It showcases good practice across the curriculum to empower teachers in making effective adjustments to teaching practice that impact most on learning.
Secondary Language Link Pricing
Secondary Language Link pricing starts from £295 / year
Secondary Language Link pricing is an annual subscription based on the size of your school and the number of sites covered.
Compare Secondary Language Link with...
Secondary Language Link Reviews
from 4 Verified Reviews
Teaching Assistant for Speech and Language
Used Secondary Language Link daily for 4-6 months
I am mid-way through delivering each of the Intervention programmes to different groups of pupils. I do like what I see so far - the different ways a pupil's progress is monitored and that ultimately the intervention programme aims to empower the pupil to know what they find difficult, what works to reduce the impact of the difficulty and that this information will be shared with all staff who work with the pupil and embedded in a pupil's school Provision Map.
Catriona Taylor found Secondary Language Link :
- Slightly improves teaching efficiency“None yet”
- Moderately improves teacher knowledge“Selecting words carefully to reduce ambiguity for a pupil; knowing there is a hierarchy of language questions and being able to adapt question difficulty according to the needs of a pupil.”
Literacy support teacher and access arrangements officer
Used Secondary Language Link for 8months
Fantastic program helps pupils build confidence and can make the relationship between teacher and pupil better as both have an understanding of each other
Teresa Wright found Secondary Language Link:
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency and productivity“understanding”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills“understanding how to break tasks down so students gain understanding quicker. The importance of pre-teaching key words”
Used Secondary Language Link for 2 months
Claire Croud found Secondary Language Link:
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency and productivity
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills
Used Secondary Language Link for 12 months
I’m very impressed by the screener and the information it provides. Because of its format, I trust that pupils do it properly. The intervention materials are very comprehensive.
SarH found Secondary Language Link:
- Slightly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Unfortunately we haven’t rolled it out across school but I think it could impact teaching if done properly.”
- Slightly improves teacher knowledge and skills“It could. It hasn’t become part of teacher CPD yet.”