What is SmartRubric?
SmartRubric helps teachers mark open-ended student work such as projects, performances and essays quickly & accurately. It captures granular formative assessment data and automatically creates clear, meaningful reports about individual, group or cohort progress against specific skills. Rubric-marking has been shown to be faster, easier, and more consistent than traditional pen-and-paper target setting. Users of SmartRubric report a significant reduction in their marking and assessment workload, and find the reports and data generated by the system useful for improving student outcomes and their own practice.
*The optimal trial is within a single department, ideally English or another subject in the Humanities with a lot of essay or project based student work.*
- Teachers using SmartRubric need an internet-connected device, ideally a computer or tablet.
- Teachers should be comfortable logging in to an online system on a computer or tablet, and using a printer.
- There are a number of rubrics already available in the template library, but a department representative should be prepared to engage with some training on creating and modifying rubrics on SmartRubric.
- Schools wishing to make use of data-syncing to their MIS will require an Assembly Platform connection (https://assembly.education) set up. There are detailed instructions here: http://smartrubric.blogspot.com/2018/11/how-to-connect-your-mis-to-smartrubric.html
- Schools that do not wish to use their MIS to sync student and class data to SmartRubric will need to be able to import a .csv file containing a list of students for each class. There are instructions for doing this on the blog: http://smartrubric.blogspot.com/2017/03/set-up-your-account-in-10-minutes.html
There are a number of set-up guides available on the blog (http://smartrubric.blogspot.com/search/label/Set%20up).
- Additionally, I will provide a half-day workshop in Zones 1-3 in London in person (reasonable travel costs would apply outside these zones). Alternatively, I will provide training materials and support so that the main contact at the school can provide this workshop instead.
MIS connectivity via Assembly may be available at an additional cost of £72 per year.
from 1 Verified Review