What is Universe Sandbox ²?
Universe Sandbox ² is a space simulator that makes it possible to enter the Solar System and experience its principles. There are several tools that help the users to understand difficult concepts of basic astronomy in a practical way.
The use of Universe Sandbox ² will help learners in practicing and learning astronomy and physics, with lesson plans available for use in classrooms.
|Age Range||5-7, 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, 17-18, 19+|
Universe Sandbox ² Pricing
Universe Sandbox ² pricing starts from $29.99 / one-off
Compare Universe Sandbox ² with...
Certified by Education Alliance Finland, 01/2018
EAF Evaluation is an academically-backed approach to evaluating the pedagogical design of a product. EAF evaluators assess the product using criteria that covers the most essential pedagogical aspects in the learning experience.
Certified by Education Alliance Finland
The supported learning goals are identified by mapping the product against the selected reference curriculum and soft skills definitions most relevant for the 21st century.
- Practicing logical reasoning to understand and interpret information in different forms
- Knowing more about Pluto’s structure, its specificities as an unusual body
- Knowing the appearance of Solar System from different point of view
- Learning about different bodies in our Solar System including planets, exoplanets and small solar system objects
- Practising to scale and size of the Solar System
- Practising with the principal characteristics of the planets including relative size, mass, surface temperature, atmosphere, satellite and ring systems
- Understanding Newton’s gravitational explanation for elliptical orbits
- Using technology as a part of explorative process
- Experiencing the causes and consequences of celestial collisions
- Learning to plan and organize work processes
- Practicing to notice causal connections
- Learning to build information on top of previously learned
- Encouraging to build new information and visions
- Practicing to look things from different perspectives
- Practicing to plan and execute studies, make observations and measurements
- Learning to recognise and evaluate arguments and their reasonings
- Using technology resources for problem solving