What is BioBrain?
BioBrain is an interactive STEM education platform with both a teacher and student interface focussed on Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
A globally accessible platform enabling students to learn STEM independently or collaboratively in a classroom.
BioBrain has been created by teachers and scientists for teachers and students to achieve the best learning outcomes possible using the technology available today.
Teachers can easily and quickly see how their students are performing and identify gaps with our instantly marked quizzes that are graded over three levels.
BioBrain is being used in over 30 countries and has been receiving excellent reviews from teachers and students around the globe.
Year 10 Science - includes: Biology, Chemistry Physics, Forensics, Marine Biology and Psychology
Year 11 & 12 Biology
Year 11 & 12 Chemistry
Year 11 & 12 Physics
Increased usage over time is linked to improved attainment above predicted grades.
- Age Range
- 14-16, 17-18, 19+
- Class Results For TeacherIllustrated GlossaryLearning Material Graded Over Three LevelsGive Students Real Time FeedbackQuizzes Graded Over Three LevelsSuits Flipped Learning ModelPersonalised And Adaptive Learning
- Robust features
- Internet - Low BandwidthInternet - High BandwidthDesktop - MacDesktop - ChromebookDesktop - LinuxMobile - iPhoneMobile - iPadMobile - Android
- Set Up
- Live OnlineDocumentation
- EmailKnowledge BasePhone Support
- Home Learning
Compare BioBrain with...
BioBrain is a webapp, available on mobile devices.
Setting up is very straightforward. Simply add your teacher and use class codes to get your learners onboard and you are ready to go!
30 minute live demonstrations can be booked.
Presentations, work instructions.
Anyone can create the account.
Free TrialPaid Subscription
Prices available on request.
from 5 Verified Reviews
Used BioBrain weekly for 4-6 months
BioBrain greatly helped me to retain knowledge of what I had learnt in class from that day as I was able to go over it later on and complete questions
Sam Logan found BioBrain:
- Slightly reduces teacher workload
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Allows the student to further reinforce knowledge that was learnt”
- Slightly improves teacher knowledge
- Significantly improves attainment“Actively going over what was learnt that day through BioBrain helps to improve attainment”
- Significantly builds student knowledge
Loyola Catholic College, Australia
Used BioBrain daily for 1-2 years
Students found it very user friendly and informative
Elizabeth George found BioBrain:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Assign homework and revision”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Students can make their own notes”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge“Detailed explanation”
- Significantly improves attainment“Good quizes”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Detained and precise content”
John Paul College, Australia
Used BioBrain monthly for 1-2 years
It does everything I would want a supplementary resource to do. Its clear, straight to the point and easy to use.
Anthony Bucca found BioBrain:
- Slightly reduces teacher workload“I use BioBrain as a supplementary resources. So it isnt meant to impact my workload at all. The students get access to BioBrain and use it to consolidate their knowledge gained from classroom teaching”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency“Getting the students to use BioBrain prior to coming to class (in a flipped classroom context) means that students come to class with some prior knowledge they have gotten from BioBrain, meaning that classroom teaching is impacted in a positive way.”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge“It mainly helps with clarifying the depth of knowledge the students need to understand. When a student asks a question, I tell them that if it isnt covered in BioBrain, it is ourside the scope of their studies.”
- Moderately improves attainment“Giving students a clear working plan that includes relevant sections of BioBrain helps them to achieve their goals in preparation for assessments throughout the year.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“I tell my students to use BioBrain when they are struggling with a concept - go to that section of the platform and see the information explained in a different way. This helps students understand the content.”
Saint Ignatius College, Geelong, Australia
Used BioBrain weekly for 7–12 months
Biobrain is a great resource that students can access any where, anytime, so it is a great tool for assessment or just to get the class started for the lesson.
Latasha found BioBrain:
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“Quizzes are self marked and students get the feedback straight away.”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency“Using Biobrain at the start of class helps students to focus and ensure they are on the right track.”
- Moderately improves teacher knowledge“When I haven't taught something in a while, it allows me a quick option to revise the content.”
- Significantly improves attainment“All students no matter their level are all able to work towards their goal of improvement and by completing the quizzes multiple times this helps with attainment.”
- Moderately builds student knowledge
Learning Area Leader Science
Footscray High School, Australia
Used BioBrain weekly for 4-6 months
BioBrain is easy to use, provides excellent content without any irrelevant information. Case studies provide great real-life examples. Tiered quizzes enable students to build confidence and practice apply their knowledge.
Denise Heckmann found BioBrain:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“The concise content helps identify the key concepts that need to be taught and the provided self-marking quizzes can be easily assigned and assessed.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Quizzes provide excellent revision tools that can be used as formative assessments.”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge“Concise, well written content allows teachers to brush up ok knowledge quickly. Case studies also provide great real-life examples that help with understanding.”
- Significantly improves attainment“Revision quizzes can be assigned regularly and provide excellent retrieval practice.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Concise, concise easy to understand content with links to a glossary allow students to understand new terms in the relevant context without having to leave the app.”