What is Labster?
Labster is the world’s leading platform for virtual labs and science simulations.Students’ learning outcomes improve with Labster because we engage them with game-based elements that inspire them to explore science. Students then apply their knowledge to solve a real world problem within the context of a story. Inside the 3D environment of an immersive simulation, students master curriculum-aligned theory, interact with advanced equipment, learn techniques and perform experiments.Labster makes an educator’s job easier, integrating with the most popular LMS (learning management system) platforms and freeing up their time by automatically grading quiz questions and providing them with a dashboard of student performance data.
|Company||Business Name: Labster|
HQ Location: Denmark
|Age Range||14-16, 17-18, 19+|
|Features||Online Learning Customizable Courses Automated GradingStudent EngagementStudent Feedback Virtual Lab Supplement|
|Languages||English, German, French, Italian, Spanish; Castilian|
No installation needed. Runs in browser. Laptop/desktop needed.
Not provided by vendor.
Compare Labster with...
from 7 Verified Reviews
Used Labster monthly for 4-6 months
Labster is a great way to have students interact with a lab experience that I cannot prove them with myself
Heather found Labster:
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“The labs are premade, so I don't need to prepare the lab itself.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Grading is done automatically, and can be integrated into the LMS”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“The students answer questions during the lab, and have the chance to retry as well”
Used Labster occasionally for 3-4 years
Labster stays in touch with its users and regularly upgrades its content. They also seek feedback from users.
TP found Labster:
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“Hands-on simulations and cheaper than purchasing materials”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“A full menu of simulations to choose from”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“They are in control of lab variables and can see their impact.”
Used Labster daily for 3-4 years
I love Labster!
Christina found Labster:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“It allows the student's to experience situations and experiences that are not able to be accessed in the live lab due to time, space, safety, or financial. It also assists when students are absent due to ilnesses.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“It allows students who are not able to be in class to complete work at home. It saves money on some lab supplies and prevents last minute runs to the store to get lab supplies for the next day.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Labster provides dept of knowledge based on the student's ability. Providing experiences and real world applications.”
Used Labster monthly for 4-6 months
When our school first got Labster, the onboarding staff was extremely helpful and down to earth! Enjoyed working with and learning from them! My favorite feature about Labster is how it makes concepts that are typically difficult to simulate, available for students to experience. With students coming back from being remote, it has sometimes been a struggle to help the students adjust back to in-person learning. Having Labster has provided ways for students to still collaborate, break out of their comfort zone and still experience science concepts. It has helped some of my students be more willing to move on to real-life lab experiments after having chances to fail and learn from their mistakes online first.
Jonathan Adkins found Labster:
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“Labster simulations contain a premade lesson with quizes and activities. It automatically grades the assignment for teachers.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“The simulations provide an experience for concepts that can be difficult to simulate in the classroom.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Because of the immersive experience, students are able to apply knowledge they wouldn't always be able to in the classroom.”
Used Labster monthly for 1-2 years
I love using Labster for my students. It provides an avenue that I would otherwise not be able to replicate myself. I still have some labs in my online class that I have done myself, but the pale in comparison to the way that concepts are delivered in Labster.
S Oliver found Labster:
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“One way that Labster impacts teacher workload is due to the creative ways that it allows students to learn about the current topic. It gives yet another way for the student to grasp the concept in a way that I, for one, would not be able to replicate. It engages the student and allows them to experience first hand the topic.”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency“It has increased teaching efficiency because the labs that I have students complete in Labster are graded automatically which allows me more time to work on other facets of the class.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Students report that they really enjoy using Labster and gain much confidence with the topics covered.”
Used Labster weekly for 1-2 years
There are many other virtual platforms out there today - however, Labster is different on many levels. Labster provides a challenging environment and diversified topics that are simply not found on other platforms. The gamification atmosphere is one that the students respond to. So, in a way, it is meeting the students where they are while at the same time enabling them to understand the content and explore labs that we just do not have the resources for them to conduct in a public school.
Diane Sigalas found Labster:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Labster directly reduces teacher workload by creating unique virtual lab experiences that both engages the students and teaches them valuable skills that they are able to recall longer than with traditional instruction methods. Additionally, the teacher dashboard provides real time data on student performance that can help you tailor your instruction.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“The Teacher Dashboard enables you to grade with ease and also pinpoint learning pitfalls and overall trends within your class.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“My students are able to recall information and experiences within the Labster platform over a year later. This not only increase short term gains of knowledge, but enables you to continually build towards greaters mastery because the learning is long lasting.”
Instructional Academic Staff
Used Labster weekly for 3-4 years
The simulations are both educational and engaging for the students. They are an excellent complement to the corresponding in-person labs, and it takes minimal time to set up and run Labster throughout the semester.
Nadine Kriska found Labster:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“It easily integrates with our LMS to automatically upload students' scores to the grade book. I can adjust the settings for all of the simulations at the start of the semester instead of having to make changes for each individual lab.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Students are introduced to the content first via the Labster simulation, which makes it easier to review related concepts in the following week's in-person lab.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Students get multiple chances to answer the questions posed throughout the simulations and think about why an answer is in/correct.”