What is Tales Toolkit?
|Age Range||0-4, 5-7|
Whiteboard and access to the internet to play staff meeting films. May need the IT support to help with firewalls initially. Set up. We send login details via email. Staff individually sign up and we approve them.
Tales Toolkit Pricing
Not provided by vendor.
Compare Tales Toolkit with...
Tales Toolkit Reviews
from 5 Verified Reviews
Used Tales Toolkit weekly for 3-4 years
Its simply brilliant, it can be anything and everything, it can also be quite telling as to what is happening for a child at that particular time. It's both joyful and deeply impactful.
Steph Dorling found Tales Toolkit:
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge“Childs interests - developed imaginations”
- Moderately improves attainment“An interest in books and story telling”
Used Tales Toolkit for 1-2 years
I would recommend this tool for telling and teaching young children to listen to and retell stories in an easily accessible, interactive and fun way. I like the resources available to teach adults how to use the TTK and the discussion opportunities they create when learning together as a team. The resources are simple and easy for children to use and to remember the elements of story telling.
Julia Neal found Tales Toolkit:
- Significantly improves attainment“We have seen an increase in confidence particularly in our quieter less confident/shyer children. These children want to join in, choosing resources and items to use to tell their stories. Children who struggle to sit and concentrate at an activity will readily join in with a TTK story. Children's increased knowledge of how stories are structured as well as an increase in vocabulary as well as an increase in conversations and talk generally.”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills“TTK enables children's knowledge and learning to be more transparent which in turn informs us of a child's next steps in their learning and feeds into our planning of their individual education plans.”
Used Tales Toolkit for 1-2 years
Cholsey Pre-School loves tales toolkit, it has sparked a massive love for reading and story telling which has increased children in all areas of development. The one thing that has been truly lovely is with the current world state we are in, tales toolkit has given us peace, love and happiness with creating and talking with each other, at a time when children need you, emotionally we could support our children through stories. Thank you from everyone at Cholsey Pre-School.
Rebecca Heal found Tales Toolkit:
- Significantly improves attainment“All I can say is wow, attainment in our setting using tales toolkit has been amazing, speech and language and vocabulary increasing, children at the age of 3 telling stories, social and emotionally at a time when emotions are all over the place tales toolkit has been a lovely way to support emotions, with more children openly talking about or expressing how they feel through storytelling. Storytelling has supported the childrens own small world development also.”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills“It's firstly been inspiring for practitioners and giving them knowledge of really understanding the creativeness of really telling a story to engage and spark a fascinations for stories to children.”
Early Years Lead Officer for vulnerable learners and school readiness
Used Tales Toolkit for 6 months
After trialling Tales Toolkit in the last academic year we have found it to be an excellent resource and would like to embed excellent practice through ‘Tales Toolkit’ to help vulnerable children express themselves and learn problem-solving skills.
Paula Lochrie found Tales Toolkit:
- Significantly improves attainment“A childminder has reported that childrens confidence has increased, and have become more confident and articulate in voicing preferences”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills“One setting reported that there has been an increase in interactions between staff and children, particularly in using open ended questioning. ”
Used Tales Toolkit for 4 years
It has transformed the way we work! We talk about characters, settings, problems and solutions as part of our day- to- day interactions in so many aspects of the children's experiences- not just creating stories! As no forward planning is required for story- telling sessions (other than collecting resources) it helps to maintain a successful work- life balance too!
Liz found Tales Toolkit:
- Significantly improves attainment“EAL learners: speaking, attention and listening, being imaginative. Boys: speaking, being imaginative, writing All: exploring and using media and materials, writing, speaking and listening, making relationships, reading.”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills“An understanding that the sky is the limit! Children don't need over planned opportunities- they can be creative with the simplest open-ended materials!”