What is real PE?
Supporting primary schools to deliver an outstanding PE curriculum.
real PE helps support EVERY child to develop the physical literacy, emotional and thinking skills to achieve in PE, Sport and life. The unique, child centred approach and sustainable solution transforms how we teach PE to include, challenge and support EVERY child.
We understand it can be a daunting task to develop and deliver an outstanding PE offer which meets the needs of EVERY child and one that EVERY teacher is confident to deliver. real PE will:
· inspire you through award winning professional learning;
· equip you with an outstanding curriculum;
· provide the best tools and resources;
· transform staff confidence.
An interactive teaching platform provides instant access to award winning professional learning for every teacher and ALL programmes:
· core real PE
· real gym
· real dance
· real play (Club)
· real leaders
· real PE foundations – EYFS programme
real PE is fully aligned to National Curriculum, Curriculum for Wales, Ofsted and Estyn requirements. It focuses on the development of agility, balance and coordination, healthy competition and cooperative learning through a unique approach to teaching and learning in PE.
Join over 2,000 real PE member schools and community of 38,000 teachers creating positive relationships with physical activity for life for EVERY child.
Let's transform PE experiences for EVERY child and teacher at your school. Visit our website to access FREE sample Lesson Plans and Session Plans to use with your pupils.
|Company||Business Name: Create Development|
HQ Location: United Kingdom
|Age Range||0-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-13|
|Features||CpdWhole School CurriculumSupporting ToolsTraining And SupportAssessment And ImpactSubject Leader TrainingProfessional Learning|
|Requirements||Internet - Low BandwidthInternet - High BandwidthMobile - iPhoneMobile - iPadMobile - Android|
Internet, screen, laptop, username set up
Subject Leaders are automatically set up with your real PE platform within 24 hours.
It takes 5 minutes to set up the teachers in your school. Simple step-by-step instructions are provided.
Award winning professional learning provides personalised training at your fingertips, supporting teachers to build their knowledge, skills and confidence. It includes:
In person training is optional and can provide a full blended approach to your professional learning.
|Support||EmailFAQs/ForumKnowledge BasePhone Support|
Member Support Team is available for ongoing support.
|Home Learning||Parent Access|
School must create the account.
|Tags||real PEKS1KS2EYFSOfstedPrimary PECPDWhole School Curriculum|
real PE Pricing
real PE pricing starts from £695 / year
All schools: £695 plus VAT per year
real PE gives you access to:
|Special Offer||FREE sample Lesson Plans|
Compare real PE with...
real PE Reviews
from 18 Verified Reviews
Used real PE weekly for 1-2 years
It's a fun, simple to use resource that redesigns the way PE is taught.
Gavin found real PE:
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“Lesson plans are prescriptive but easily adaptable. The visual resources are fun and engaging, meaning children remain focused on the task.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge“RealPE offers a more holistic approach to physical skills and personal progress. It helps the teacher become more aware of basic skills needed from co-ordination to balance.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Children are more aware of their strengths and which areas they need to develop.”
Class Teacher / PE Coordinator
Used real PE weekly for 5 years+
I like it
Phil Sharkey found real PE:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Planning and Progression of Skills completed”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Easy to access and use by all staff”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge“Training Videos and 1:1 CPD”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Progression of skills through the cogs and coloured videos”
Used real PE weekly for 3-4 years
Clear and easy to follow, provides everything needed for effective teaching focusing on skills based so accessible to all.
Gabriella Stewart found real PE:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Planning and preparation ready to be used. Modelling ready to use from videos. Key questions available and assessment objectives provided.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Clear structure to lessons, allows for knowledge, skills and application in a logical way.”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge“Specific skills to focus on cogs, key vocabulary and questions provided. Modelling examples using videos.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Understanding of key vocabulary, skills needed to succeed. Understanding cog objectives needed to succeed in sport.”
Used real PE daily for 3-4 years
Everything you need for a lesson is provided , allows inclusion and supported learning - activities provide assessment opportunities without children feeling pressure . Maybe “game” extension lessons could be something to be considered ( where children demonstrate skills within a game to aid inclusion . )
Donna found real PE:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Grab and go lessons - everything on a screen to aid and support a lesson at short notice at times”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency“Well paced and guides you through each lesson to make a positive impact for every child at their own level”
- Moderately improves teacher knowledge
- Moderately builds student knowledge“Allows all children to be included at their own level .”
Teacher and pe lead
Used real PE weekly for 3-4 years
It teaches children through the core fundamentals
Jayne Flower found real PE:
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“All resources (apart from equipment) available in one place”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Staff secure and teach with progression”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Monitoring students shows this”
Used real PE daily for 5 years+
I have recently had the wonderful pleasure of a deep dive in PE from ofsted with a great result of 'good' across all areas and excellent subject knowledge as a PE lead. I genuinely believe that this was possible through the support of Real PE platform and supporting documents. Training and evaluative lesson plans to hand, that I was confident in my PE curriculum, to articulate and demonstrate through lesson observations the immense impact that Real PE has on all children's physical literacy and personal development.
Anne Davies found real PE:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Planning and differentiation of lesson plans could not be any more simpler to follow. Saving time and energy finding resources to suit all levels. The videos are particularly useful to support individual learning pathways. I have complete confidence in the programme for all year bands across all areas, dance, PE, gym.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“All resources at fingertips used on either an ipad of laptop. Ability to see the terms curriculum map for forward planning.”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge“The new my learning is amazing to improve teachers knowledge at a pace that fits around individual life styles. It is progressive, easy to follow and allows you to revisit as many times as you like.”
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Student knowledge is progressive throughout each lesson through the reviews and questions alongside the learning outcomes for each session. It allows the teacher to focus on the specific needs for the group.”
Year 3 teacher and PE coordinator
Used real PE daily for 3-4 years
I have sat with PE leads and personally recommended the platform out. It's not so much about the actual platform but the support I have received from Matt and Rupert. When I ad Ofsted, they were the first people I phoned, the support me to not only support my school but progress with my confidence and my own career too. They have always listened to me and supported any issues I have had. They have always been on the other end of a phone when I have become stuck and they are so inspiring when they enter the school. Children look up to them and teachers want to teach like them. Teachers at my school feel incredibly confident now with teaching PE, when we started this journey, PE was our weakest area of the curriculum. In October, my Headteacher put PE forward to Ofsted as it is now our strongest. The platform is great and there is support for every single area possible. 1-1 meetings are always so supportive of the schools journey. Meetings with other RealPE members is beneficial so we can all discuss new aspects of the platform or discuss new problems/solutions. I cannot recommend RealPE enough - they have been fantastic.
Imogen Knowles found real PE:
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Teachers have the plans and resources in front of them - they don't need to think about new ideas.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency“Teachers feel confident and the support from Matt and Rupert have helped improve the quality of teaching in person.”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge“All the key skills are there. There are questions to support their learning.”
- Moderately builds student knowledge“Children have questions asked to them - more of student knowledge would be good though. Key words etc.”
Used real PE for 2 months
Every aspect of the programme is wonderful and includes fantastic training too. The Create Tutor motivated and engaged the entire team, and had a clear passion for changing the nation's culture and attitudes - this really shone through. The values-led approach is very different to traditional PE approaches and will really allow every child and every member of staff to flourish, regardless of their own ability, and they demonstrated everything in action. On top of all this, the teaching resources and assessment materials will drastically cut workload and ensure we are delivering very high quality PE across school. The team were left energised, confident and raring to go. We cannot thank Create enough.
Nicky Clarke found real PE:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“The values-led approach is very different to traditional PE approaches and will really allow every child to flourish.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“The teaching resources and assessment materials will drastically cut workload and ensure we are delivering very high quality PE across school.”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“The teaching resources and assessment materials will drastically cut workload and ensure we are delivering very high quality PE across school.”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills“The real PE training left the team energised, confident and raring to go. The values-led approach is very different to traditional PE approaches and will really allow every member of staff to flourish, regardless of their own ability, and everything was demonstrated everything in action. The teaching resources and assessment materials will support staff to deliver very high quality PE across school.”
Class Teacher and PE subject lead
Used real PE at home for 2 months
For those families that take up the programme at home it is brilliant but the uptake is not always great.
Lynsey Millar found real PE at home:
- Slightly builds student knowledge“Nope”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Teachers who have previously hated teaching PE are enjoying the simplicity and clarity of using Jasmine to deliver great sessions to children in school.”
- Slightly reduces teacher workload“Teachers no longer have to send detailed instructions home and can simply send a link and Jasmine does the work for them.”
- Slightly improves teacher knowledge and skills“For teachers with children at home accessing the different year groups allows them to see the progression of the programme.”
Class Teacher and PE Subject Lead
Used Jasmine for 18 months
Since using Jasmine we have seen a great improvement in our teaching and learning in PE. It is clear for pupils and staff while being able to spend time practising skills and positive learning behaviours.
Callie Gregory found Jasmine:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“It allows children to see what they are working on and their next steps. It clearly shows what they children need to do to achieve.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Jasmine allows you to follow a teaching sequence to allow children to develop their FUNs movements and learning cogs. It gives you a clear progression in each sessions as well as over a half term. It also allows you to have freedom to adapt your teaching to suit you.”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Jasmine has everything you need in one place which allows teacher to know the expectations of lessons and where they need to get the children to. We have tried to ensure that teacher spend time looking at Jasmine before a session to get the best out of it rather than using it as a pick up and teach resource.”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills“Jasmine allows teachers to break down skills into different steps which makes is simple to understand and allows skills to build.”
PE Teacher / School Games Organiser / Sports Partnership Manager
Used Jasmine for I have been using Jasmine with my teacher hat for a couple of years and with my parent hat the past month
I am a huge advocate for using Jasmine in Schools that I work with across South Bucks and beyond, why wouldn't I score a 10 for this fab resource!
Rachel Hutchinson found Jasmine:
- Moderately builds student knowledge“Easy to recall for students and make links to real life”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Easy access right at your finger tips both for planning at home and at school”
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“The lessons are and resources are all ther at the touch of a button. They show progression and plenty of differentiation.”
- Moderately improves teacher knowledge and skills“Many of the primary schools I work with are not 'PE Specialists'. This simple to use resource has everything they need to know about teaching fun, key fundamental movement.”
Teacher & PE lead
Used Jasmine for 4months
Good quality lessons on a easy to access platform with lots of other brilliant resources
Matt Eagle found Jasmine:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Core skills built around the cogs”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Teachers able to access plans quickly and easily”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Less time planning and resourcing”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills“Teachers learn from Jasmine platform to improve their own knowledge”
Used Jasmine for 2 months
It is a fantastic software, the staff who developed it are incredibly supportive, the children and parents adore it as do I. It underpins and supports a lot of our children.
Nick Farrell found Jasmine:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Students to think about how to win games more. Mainly in a Rock Paper Scissors game that we play with them. E.g. What is going right? What might you need to change? What needs to stay the same?”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Teachers have cards, resources etc right in front of them to follow. If they struggle to understand, they then have videos/ diagrams to help assist.”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“See previous answer.”
- Moderately improves teacher knowledge and skills“Assists teachers that 'PE' is not just able playing a specific game or just playing Rounders. Any teacher can teach PE and the knowledge is right in front of them through Jasmine's content.”
PE sports specialist teacher/
Used Jasmine for 12months
Great for class based teachers with little ir no PE knowledge however, for sports specialist, teaching every class across the school it kften becomes a hinder to the flow of a dynamic lesson with greater emphasis in moving rather than sitting/ listening. Also, many of the warm ups and skills are quute repetitive whuch can make the able athletic children bored.
Najma found Jasmine:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Memory, scaffolding”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Repetitive for chdn and staff. Resources ready to use. Minimises planning and preparation time”
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“Minimises oreparation time IF technology is working and accessible!”
- Moderately improves teacher knowledge and skills“Progression of specific skills”
Used Jasmine for 4 months
We only began the Jasmine programme in January but already it has made a massive difference to our provision of sport and activity. The staff are engaged by it, the children love Jasmine. Importantly too, the team behind Jasmine are dedicated to making it work in your context, they are always available for help and support. I would recommend this to every Primary school.
NR found Jasmine:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Children are able to explain what they have learnt in a session because of the clear learning intentions”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Units are sequenced & extremely well resourced, saving teachers time.”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Reduction in planning time, ease of making assessments & tracking of progress.”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills“Teachers can see how being active should and can be integrated across the whole curriculum. Video clips support less confident staff.”
Used Jasmine for 2 years
It covers everything! We have been through a recent deep dive when Ofsted visited and I felt 100% confident as I was using real PE. The training and support is great as anything is no use unless people actually use it and know what to do! Our staff love it
Rachel Henderson found Jasmine:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“They know how to complete activities correctly and they understand the why too which is so important”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Teachers have a clear progression to follow with their class using Jasmine and the videos of the lessons are brilliant for showing the teacher and the class what to do correctly. Lessons are clear which makes the learning effective”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Planning is all done! Lessons are ready to go once you have logged in!”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills“Teachers have a clearer understanding of what is expected and the skills which have to be taught”
Class teacher and PE Specialist
Used Jasmine for 8 months
Jasmine has increased teachers confidence in teaching PE, resulting in less resilience to participation.
Lynsey Stiff found Jasmine:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Children have a clear understanding of learning intentions and can predict their own outcomes.”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“All teachers, including those more confident teaching PE, are clear on intent and skills.”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Planning is all there.”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills“Teachers are able to see how objectives, outcomes and skills fit together for a more effective lesson.”
Teacher, SLT and PE Lead
Used Jasmine for 18 months
I love Jasmine! It has not only transformed our PE in school, whereby all children are enjoying lessons and participating, it has improved teachers confidence and delivery ten fold. real Pe at home as enabled us to send it home for the children to participate in lessons and explore the platform. As a parent it has allowed me to have fun with my boys exploring different units and adapting them where needed to allow them both to access it being five years apart! This has worked very well with little equipment needed. Thank you for making this Lockdown period fun and exciting for not only the children at home but also for me!
Emily McKinnon found Jasmine:
- Significantly builds student knowledge“Students require little prior knowledge and as it builds up each session. The skills taught are transferable to all sports. Student knowledge has a big focus on independence and allowing children to explore!”
- Significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity“The support and ease of the Jasmine platform means anyone can pick it up and use it! Little teacher talk/input results in much higher quality tailored support and development.”
- Significantly reduces teacher workload“Everything is there! Even the videos of the skills and games! Children can visually see what they need to do and it allows staff the confidence in their delivery. Resources are listed and you can always make adaptations easily!”
- Significantly improves teacher knowledge and skills“Sessions and skills build on each week which allows the teacher to get a good understanding of each cog and learning objectives. The support of Jasmine allows teachers to deliver sessions confidently and competently.”