What is Pixton?
Pixton EDU is a web-app that gives teachers and students a unique way to create stories, demonstrate learning, and enhance writing assignments – in any subject – through digital comics. Users can explore topics in Math, Science, Social Studies, History, English, Art or any other subject. Choose images from popular content, books and movies like The Hunger Games or The Outsiders, plus other topics like the solar system, black history or the environment – all Common Core aligned. No drawing skills are required. Pixton EDU levels the playing field with hundreds of preset characters, backgrounds, outfits, poses, and even emotions, all just a click or tap away. Comics can be made and shared in no time, making the classroom experience fun and memorable. It’s also a great tool for distance/remote learning.
- Age Range
- 5-7, 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, 17-18
- English, French, Spanish
- Set Up
Compare Pixton with...
Users require a desktop computer or tablet or mobile phone to access with internet access via web-browser.
Very little training, if any, is required. User onboarding is very simple and self explanatory. Help videos are available on our YouTube channel as well for anyone needing help.
from 3 Verified Reviews
Poudre School District, United States
Used Pixton EDU for 1 month
My students LOVE using this!
Monica found Pixton EDU:
- Slightly improves attainment
- Not significantly improves teaching efficiency and productivity
- Moderately reduces teacher workload“Don't have to create handouts of blank templates.”
- Slightly improves school processes
- Slightly improves teacher wellbeing
Toronto District School Board, Canada
Used Pixton EDU for 6 months
Students enjoy the visual fun and creativity of Pixton. It is a great tool, but cannot be used extensively. The tech support is OUTSTANDING! Sidney Main helped me so much, and was prompt and very thorough in their help. Much, much appreciated!
Benedicte Wiggett found Pixton EDU:
- Slightly improves attainment“Students were very keen to complete the assignment using Pixton, but the toolcannot necessarily be used for all attainment formats.”
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency and productivity“Student-driven activity. Easy to use, with minimal teacher-input.”
- Slightly reduces teacher workload“Easy to use/self explanitory”
- Not improves school processes“Not sure what yiu mean by school processes? Attendance? Report cards? no.”
- Not improves teacher wellbeing“An online tool has very little impact on well being - not in a job that requires the use of so many, many different tools and outcomes and reports.”
Teacher, ELA 7
Kraxberger Middle School, United States
Used Pixton EDU for less than 1 month
This is a great tool for teachers supporting middle schools students who need to tell stories.
Sarah Lennox found Pixton EDU:
- Slightly improves attainment
- Moderately improves teaching efficiency and productivity“This allows me to review student work while in progress and support learning while they are working.”
- Slightly reduces teacher workload“Students not being able to see their work after they hit "done" has increased my work. But the system has allowed me to support students who do not excel in art.”
- Significantly improves school processes“It brings joy into our students day, and makes them excited to learn and engage.”
- Moderately improves behaviour or wellbeing“My students joyfully engaging into a project helps me teach them and support their learning.”